Arizona Vacation Suggestions

Blackcow

WKR
Unless we get shut down again, the 2nd week of March through the 3rd week of April is our spring break season. Sedona will be busy, so will Jerome and the canyon. Plan on being where you want to be EARLY. You can get good info on the entire region at the Red Rock ranger station on HWY 179, and at the Sedona chamber of commerce on 89a and Forest road in uptown. Oh, and regardless of what your weather app is telling you, bring swim trunks AND warm layers.

If you mountain bike, I would recommend downloading the app TrailForks and ponying up for a bike rental. Arizona single track is epic regardless of Phoenix, Sedona, Flagstaff.

elkyinzer

WKR
We took a day and a half travelling to a wedding on Lake Powell from Phoenix. Stops were Sedona, Flagstaff, and a couple places on the South Rim. Sedona I wouldn't go back unless I had to. Seemed like corporatized Cali-forny version of a used to be cool western town. Flagstaff was cool, spent some time brewery hopping and felt more comfortable there in the mountains than in the desert. Real chill place that I'm sure will eventually be Sedon-ized if it hasn't already. Grand Canyon is incredible obviously but I wouldn't go out of my way to ever go back to the touristy part of it.

Catchfish

WKR
We took a day and a half travelling to a wedding on Lake Powell from Phoenix. Stops were Sedona, Flagstaff, and a couple places on the South Rim. Sedona I wouldn't go back unless I had to. Seemed like corporatized Cali-forny version of a used to be cool western town. Flagstaff was cool, spent some time brewery hopping and felt more comfortable there in the mountains than in the desert. Real chill place that I'm sure will eventually be Sedon-ized if it hasn't already. Grand Canyon is incredible obviously but I wouldn't go out of my way to ever go back to the touristy part of it.
Flag has changed a bunch since 2012 I went back 2 years ago and did not recognize portions of town. A lot of people I knew had closed small businesses or have moved over to Williams to get out of the town. I just had a great time living there and have some great friends in the area.

OP
T
Thanks to all, scheduled some stuff in flagstaff, page, and cottonwood/Jerome with your ideas in mind.