Arizona votes to ban trail cameras

BBob

WKR
my opinion and opinion only is that we won't see a decrease in success rates. Might see less old bucks and bulls die, but I'd personally be surprised if success dropped significantly. In my circles down there, cams helped target certain animals, not just find animals. We'll see.
Exactly my thoughts. (y)

my opinion and opinion only is that we won't see a decrease in success rates. Might see less old bucks and bulls die, but I'd personally be surprised if success dropped significantly.

If that comes to fruition, it sounds like a win to me.

To EVERYONE who cares about hunting in AZ (or anywhere), you ALL should care about this whether you run cameras or not. This is government overreach by a commission board who are NOT "pro-hunter". What is next? your binos? spotting scope? pre-season scouting? wind detection? Scent control? All of those provide an advantage. Read the rule, it was written in way that could be applied to anything that gives you an advantage as a hunter. They also could have narrowly tailored to address the "alleged" problems. Also keep in mind that anti-hunting groups with big money were involved in this from day one. Make no mistake, this is an attack on our rights as hunters and it frustrates me that we don't band together as hunters to support our rights.

As for frustrations that too many "big" animals are getting killed, this is a problem with too many tags. Not game cameras.
It's about time the playing field was made fair!!!!!

otmeeks

FNG
It definitely has its pro's and con's. I use them for something to do in the summer, tag or no tag. The outfitters definitely taken it to far with the numbers of cameras they put out. I think people will continue to use them and loose them when G&F or good Samaritans find them.