Arizona weather help

Jaker_cc

WKR
Can anyone tell me what the weather in January has been like the last few years around Prescott or Flagstaff? Headed that way and trying to figure out my shelter situation. Never been out there that late

Thanks in advance for any replies

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Cold and most likely snowy around Flag. Prescott will be cold, but probably not snowy. Low temps probably in the 10-30* range, highs in the 30-50's.

Catahoula

WKR
It will be pretty frigid in an around Flagstaff in January. Snow likely? Perhaps. Hunted 10, 8, and 6b plenty over the years with and without but it’s always been chilly. Prescott, could be cold, but to me mild in comparison to Flagstaff. Best hunting!!

Lots to be said for a hotel room when it's hot or freezing. Hot showers, hot coffee and a comfy bed makes me a more effective hunter.

It will probably be cold in Prescott and colder (by AZ standards) with possible snow on the ground depending on the mountain range and likely snow around Flag/Williams.

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of any areas in that part of the state both roadless enough to backpack and open for January OTC so I would camp near a trailhead and day hunt from it. I would favor warmth and room to change over weight

bowuntr

WKR
We had a foot and a half of snow on January 1st this year. Last year it was 70 degrees. It could be anywhere in between and 10 degrees cooler in Flagstaff. Prepare for both. Ed F

OP
Jaker_cc

Jaker_cc

WKR
Thank you for the info, I don’t think getting a hotel in town every night is what we are wanting to do, but I can see that as being beneficial. Maybe one night to get back to zero but I doubt it. We will prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Thanks again