Arizona Wildlife Management under attack

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Well here’s one more reason to have a broad base of hunters.

Here’s the summary of it, get out there and support it, because they won’t stop at predators

“Science based wildlife management is under attack in Arizona. Comments opposing the legal management of Mt. Lion, Bear and Bobcat have been submitted to the Arizona Game & Fish Dept, effectively laying the foundation during the open comment period for AZGFD rulemaking to get these hunts banned:

If left unchecked they will succeed in not only getting these hunts removed but:

1. Destroying the ungulate population in AZ.
  2. Setting precedence to have it banned in other states.
  3. Removing an important source of revenue for wildlife management…
Comment and support here:

260madman

WKR
Tag them and move them to the cities. I’m sure they’ll live in peace and harmony with the eco-Libs.

I watch Ovini Expeditions on YT and one episode they showed wolf tracks and commented how they have decimated the Chamois and Mouflan population in that area. The government decided to cut bag limits instead of a predator season. Clown World.

Maybe AZ game and fish can use some of that influence they purchased to get the word out about the public comment period on such a hot bed issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In every other state when predator issues come up it seems the wildlife agency employees and the agency as a whole get muffed and aren't supposed to pick sides. That is if you aren't being facetious.

fatlander

WKR
In every other state when predator issues come up it seems the wildlife agency employees and the agency as a whole get muffed and aren't supposed to pick sides. That is if you aren't being facetious.

I was 100% being facetious.

Just highlighting the gross misappropriation of state and federal funds to instafamous “celebs” on the backs of American sportspersons.

FWIW, I signed the petition. And you are correct; when it comes to predators, it’s always hush hush from state game and fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJB

WKR
Sorry guys as California goes so does the rest of the country......

Washington bears now AZ?

How can the public over ride the biologist

AZ8

WKR
I’ve written my letter and this is a good start.

Not to doom and gloom, but we’re fighting an uphill battle here in Arizona. Unfortunately, the voting demographics have changed and wildlife policies like this will eventually make it to the ballot box. The AGFD, hunters and conservationist can only do so much.

Once the uneducated citizen and anti-hunting groups get on board and begin the process of getting this on the ballot, it’s all but over.

We can educate and promote what we do, but the antis have millions of dollars at their disposal.

I’ve posted this elsewhere, but it only takes 237,645 signatures to get it on the ballot. With 4.3 million registered voters in Arizona, well, you can see what we’re up against.

The ONLY way to stop this, is to make a law exempting wildlife management from the Legislature and keeping it with the AGFD Commission. But no one in the State Legislature has the stomach for that.