Arkansas

How’s the public land hunting in Arkansas. I have a few days off coming up, and am thinking of driving down to Ozark National Forest from Illinois. I really don’t like the 3 day shotgun season we have, which puts every asshole in the state in the woods at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btaylor

WKR
ML season starts this weekend so check the regs for permit requirement if you are coming this weekend. License is pretty cheap by non-res standards and you have I think 3 different options to choose from. Plenty of deer and plenty of space to hunt but there will be some people. If trophy quality means anything to you, not sure why you wouldnt go to MO. That would save a some driving too.

OP
J
I’m planning on going Thanksgiving weekend. Missouri closes the week before.

rayporter

WKR
I am heading up there next week, also have another hunt planned for the dec muzzle season.

since my horse fell on me I have been moving pretty slow and hunting might be a pipe dream at the moment with a torn mcl.

Btaylor

WKR
I’m planning on going Thanksgiving weekend. Missouri closes the week before.

Will mostly be post rut in that area at that time but can still be good hunting. Further south the rut will just be getting started at that time.