Arm guard creep

Wrench

WKR
Has anyone came up with the solution to armguard crawling down your arm? Mine rides to my wrist regardless of how I fasten it.....been fighting this my whole life, someone must have the solution.

oldgoat

WKR
I want to get Kifaru to sew a piece of that non slip material they put on their lumbar pads on the inside of one of my arm guards but haven't gotten around to it yet. I have one of those stretchy black material arm guards that I wear hunting, I put it on over my leather arm guard the other night and everything stayed right where it's supposed too! If I'm just hunting and not taking any practice shots, the stretchy one is fine, but go take several shots and it's not fine! I've shot 2 animals badly now because of the leather arm guard either slipping down or bunching out catching the string, luckily one still died right away and I killed the other one 2 days later, so I know your pain!

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
Mine all creep regardless of how much clothing I have on. The non slip is a good idea. I may try to add some silicone to one and see if it helps.

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
Brother you might not agree w my answer but I’ve got a solution. Fix your grip, you won’t need an arm guard and it can’t creep than

Brother you might not agree w my answer but I’ve got a solution. Fix your grip, you won’t need an arm guard and it can’t creep than
I disagree with this statement. I have a lot of mobility in my shoulders and back. When I have bone on bone alignment my back elbow is several degrees past parallel with the arrow, which means my forearm is closer to the arrow. No matter what I do with my grip, my forearm gets hit on every shot. I've been through everything. Proper alignment for me means I need an arm guard.

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
If i hunted where i don't need 4 layers on any day, I'd lose it. I'm fine bare, but not with clothes in the way.

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
I disagree with this statement. I have a lot of mobility in my shoulders and back. When I have bone on bone alignment my back elbow is several degrees past parallel with the arrow, which means my forearm is closer to the arrow. No matter what I do with my grip, my forearm gets hit on every shot. I've been through everything. Proper alignment for me means I need an arm guard.
Well you could disagree but I teach hundreds and hundreds of people, many kids. None need an arm guard with proper grip mainly. Hyperextending an elbow is a possibility in women mainly, improperly turned elbow, also too low of a brace height. If you want help let me know. I’d be very surprised we can’t help you.

Well you could disagree but I teach hundreds and hundreds of people, many kids. None need an arm guard with proper grip mainly. Hyperextending an elbow is a possibility in women mainly, improperly turned elbow, also too low of a brace height. If you want help let me know. I’d be very surprised we can’t help you.
I'd love to hear suggestions! I don't like wearing an arm guard.

But I will say that my brace height is 8.75" on a 64" Black Widow PMA. I shoot perfect bareshafts, at 12ish gpp. My knuckles sit at a 45 degree angle to the grip, and my bow hand is relaxed, with the pressure driving through the base of my thumb, just right of my lifeline. The bow jumps out of my hand freely enough I have to use a wrist sling, and my elbow is not hyperextended, nor am I double jointed. My shoulder blades are both down and back towards my spine. I don't have a good photo of my form right now, but I've been self filming and using the Solid Archery Mechanics course for years.

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
Are you comfortable enough posting a pic and video of yourself or would you rather do that privately?

Are you comfortable enough posting a pic and video of yourself or would you rather do that privately?
Sorry, I probably came across a little grumpy in that last post. Yes, I'd be happy to do that publicly. It probably won't happen in the next couple days though. Work has been crazy.

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
Work is crazy for me as well. We’re working school jobs which is rush rush.
So anyhow post some pics at full draw from face on first. Make sure I can see your bow hand in some pics. I need some back enough to show your full posture as well.
Than post a video if you could of shooting, not where arrow hits but your style. I prob can’t check til later so no immediate rush

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider

I agree that with proper form and grip you don't need an arm guard. I only wear one myself when hunting or shooting in cold weather to keep my sleeves out of the way.

However, I think I would still recommend beginners to wear one. Their form won't be perfect on every shot and if the do get bit by the string it can lead to a flinch or anticipation of pain while shooting, taking their focus away from shooting and putting it on trying to not get hurt.