Armed services/veterans/leo/first responders

Curious how many here are in any of the above?

Are you currently serving in armed services?

First responder in your community?

Retired?

Curious in the responses. Seems we have a high percentage on this site.

Edit- Time for me to come clean. I'm using this as a raffle to giveaway a gift card. Previous experience showed me that most of the veterans on here were too humble to put their name in a hat for something.

Thanks to @SportsmansFinest for the gift card, I felt like I should pass it on. So this memorial day weekend remember the reason for the holiday.

With everything going on I felt it appropriate to open it for first responders as well.

So from this redneck in the hills I'd like to thank all our military for what they gave, and especially remember those who gave everything and the family they left behind. Thanks to those working the home front as well, the police, fire fighters, and EMS personnel.

Last edited:
Recently retired USAF, transitioned into state govt. and currently shoveling through covid response.

Thanks for your service, brother. I got left behind on 2 different deployments and had to find my own way out, so I know how it is when you're way past your extract date. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hang in there.
Thanks I appreciate it. I really cant complain too much. Im sleeping on a mattress and I'm not being shot at. Theres light at the end of tunnel.

Thank you and a big salute to everyone involved in these services. I'm just a small community volunteer EMR responding in my personal vehicle. I see just enough to know that I haven't really seen anything and I have a lot of respect for those of you really doing the job.

TheCougar

WKR
19 years active duty in the USAF, with one year to go until retirement. I think. COVID has really thrown a wrench into my plan to fly commercial or cargo, move to Montana, and hunt my face off. When all you’ve done for your adult life is fly fast and blow things up, you’ve got a fairly narrow technical skill set that doesn’t fare well then Corona tubes the entire aviation industry.