Armslist

bts

FNG
Anyone a member? Wanting to buy some ammo from a seller but can't make an account. They are closed to new users.
Thanks for any help!

mmw194287

WKR
I tried to join as a paying member to jump on a local deal, and my upgrade has been "pending" since Thanksgiving or so....

too bad. I sold (and bought) a lot of guns and other goodies on there over the years.

OP
B

bts

FNG
The seller is local so I could meet face to face if I could get in contact

Used to use it. So many scammers and then they changed format to pay only to weed out scammers.
Now it seems there are even more scammers and twice the click bait adds then before. I’m done with ArmsList. It was good for a while, but went to crap like most things on the internet. Found a good new local option without click bait and bull.

OP
B

bts

FNG
There is 100 rounds of .223 Vmax near me. I just need an email for the guy so I can contact him. It would be a face to face deal. Anyone able to help me get an email or contact #? Thanks.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I don't know why sellers don't list their phone number to make it easy for buyers to get a hold of them. I've sold stuff on there within seconds of listing it from getting a text. I've never used their email system.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used to use armslist, only purchasing- never sold anything on it

I was really surprised recently that I need to pay to purchase something. I totally get they want a little $ for selling items, but definitely not going to pay on the off chance I want to purchase something.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If I want to buy something on there, I only respond to ads that have a number listed. I've been using Armslist for almost 10 years now and haven't had any issues. But I did have a guy text the other night for some 9mm. It was 9pm and he wanted it "right now". Negative.

OP
B

bts

FNG
Here is the link if someone is willing to see if they can get a contact #.

Alchemy

WKR
I have bought 2 pistols local ftf that were positive transaction with red blooded Americans. I stopped using after I had a bad experience:

totally legit looking ad with proper description and photos of a Nightforce atacr, after starting coms with the seller he replied with a email that was a very strange email address. After he called me “buddy” and “best regards” I knew the drill. He told me he had to go out of town and please remit payment at earliest convenience, followed up with a tracking number (mind you I never sent payment) the package arrived a couple days later with a candle in it and never heard another word from seller....

Sharptail

FNG
I was surprised when I found a local item that I was interested in, but couldn't get the contact info unless I upgraded my membership. Forgive my ignorance but when did that change?

I was surprised when I found a local item that I was interested in, but couldn't get the contact info unless I upgraded my membership. Forgive my ignorance but when did that change?
A few months ago. Not sure specifically. A lot of listings the seller will put their phone # to get around that

Sharptail

FNG
That's a bummer. While I may have only purchased 1 or 2 items off of armslist, it was fun to look to see what was out there. I don't see me upgrading my account for the one in a year deal I come across.

CentralFLMike

Lil-Rokslider
I used to buy face-to-face regularly. After seeing what Armslist has become, I cancelled my account.

Yeah, Armslist is currently brutal. There are some good state-level forums out there for face to face transactions though

22lr

WKR
Used to be legit and I used it alot. Traded a Colt HBAR on there for a minty Parker Hale M82. But these days its in person only, if I even bother looking. Most local listing are not...