Aron Snyder and Marc Gutman's Colorado Live Hunt

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Aron Snyder and Mark Gutman

Colorado

Tags in Pocket:
(Aron) List B cow, either sex elk and mule deer.
(Mark) List B cow, either sex elk
Elevation: 10,500-12,500 feet
Length of hunt: 6 days
Goal: I’m hoping to have my list B cow on the ground as well as a 160 mule deer, but if I hear and elk bugle, the plan will probably change!
Mark is looking to fill his tags as fast as possible, since he has a Colorado mountain goat tag for this season and needs to keep his vacation time for that hunt (if possible).
We will be hunting anywhere from 3-6 miles in, but will have internet and cell service in some areas above 12k. This should allow for regular updates and photos. The photos will be texted to Ryan Avery and he will post them up on this thread as time permits.

Sounds like 6 days of some of the best times a man can have on this side up high close to our Maker. i envy you, hope to be doing the same in Montana in late October.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Leaving Denver in 20 minutes and should be to the trail head in about 3 hours....

That puts me at the glassing point around 4-4:30. I'll check back in when I've made the ascent.

Good luck everyone!

Simple request from the folks here in Afghanistan.. Is there any way we can get these pictures posted without using Photobucket so that we can see them??

Best of luck to both of you!

Gman

WKR
Oh man, the pressure is on now! Aron is going up ahead of me (today) while I sit here and re-check my gear every 10 minutes. I'll be heading up tomorrow and plan on getting to our camp in time for the evening glass session, then it's game on Saturday morning. If there's anything specific you'd like to know or have us post about please let us know. We're using this as an experimental template for future live hunts.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
IMG_01701.jpg

IMG_01731.jpg

IMG_01711.jpg

IMG_01721.jpg

IMG_01741.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345747713.244857.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345747713.244857.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 104

tstowater

WKR
I don't have phone service where I hunt, at least that is what I tell people. So, I just shut off my phone and enjoy the peace and quiet of the hunt. Look forward to the reports and pics. Good Luck.

Gman

WKR
I just noticed, where are his rokslide arrow wraps at???

Aron is experimenting with a new set up this year. Part of that is finding the right spine to bow to poundage recipe. He moved up to a super stiff spine, Gold Tip Big Game 200... he told me he thought they were actually a bit too stiff so elected to go "wrapless" as they can add a touch of stiffness to the arrow. At least that's his story. :)