Aron Snyder vs Kuiu??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocky84

WKR
Ive been listening to Gritty Bownan and have heard Aron start to go into what happened with him and Kuiu but he decides not to tell it. Anyone know what the story is? Id love to hear it, Aron is a funny bastard so im sure the story is probably pretty good.

Give him a call, dudes the straightest shooter I've ever met. If you ask I'm sure he will let you know. He's really pulled his punches as of late though with a lot of stuff. I can imagine a guy gets sick of seeing his inbox fill up with guys whining with their panties in a twist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aron makes decisions for himself that are the best for him, his family, and his business life. As we all should. Dotman hit the nail on the head, it's not for me, or anyone else to share. That's up to Aron. I don't think it's Aron vs. anyone. Choices have to be made along the line, it's really that simple.

OP
cocky84

cocky84

WKR
Im not asking him to tell the story if he doesn't want to. Im asking if maybe he already has on a podcast i havn't heard.

jm1607

WKR
It's probably the same as the whole rokslide thing. I'm sure he has quite a few details that were never made public though. If you do a search I'm sure you will find some threads on it. For the most part they were locked, not deleted.

kpk

WKR
I've watched pretty much all of them and I don't think he's ever said anything in too much detail. IF Aron has issues with Kuiu that's his business. Something like 50% of the guys on here don't like Kuiu....reasons are out there and there's numerous Kuiu threads that end up getting locked. Kuiu is a touchy subject.

The one comment he made I've always wondered about was the camo that stuck out like a sore thumb and didn't blend into anything. He was talking about how he spends so much time glassing and helping other guys he gets to look at a lot of different patterns.

HookUp

WKR
I have listened to one Joe Rogan pod cast with the Harriston and that was enough for me not to buy their products. His comments such as "kuiu is not a democracy" and his elitist attitude really put me off. I have listened to countless hours of Snyder on the Gritty Bowman and am always learning and laughing from him. The guy is first to own up to a mistake and is as straight a shooter as I have ever heard.

OP
cocky84

cocky84

WKR
Yeah i agree im a quickly becoming a big Aron Snyder fan. Love the dudes attitude and confidence, and certainly tells it like it is. Plus im a gear geek like most of us. Funny how it seems like if your confident and honest you often get labeled an asshole. I love it though. I found the thread that rokslide posted about kuiu not liking how they were testing there packs. Thats all i was looking for.

Gumbo

WKR
I won't comment personally on Hairston or Snyder because I don't know them at all. I will say I like listening to Aron and think he tells it like he sees it for the most part. I will also say I have a hard time coming to terms with Kuiu, and therefore Hairston, simply because of the RIDICULOUS pictures in their ads. Aron's photography seems honest and real. Full disclosure I own two pieces of Kuiu gear because I felt it would be the best of those types of garments.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pay attention long enough and you'll get the drift of which side is genuine and which paints themselves in the most picture perfect way possible to the point of synthesis. It's Aron's story and to my knowledge he's not discussed it publicly since it happened. These threads typically turn nasty quick.

2ski

WKR
See Aron and Jason wanted to start a WWE tag team. Aron wanted to call it the Manscape Mercinaries. Jason wanted to call it the Icon-ic Shrek killers. You can see why Shrek hates kuiu so much too because of that. They couldn't agree on one and thus they parted ways. Only to become the two we see today.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
cocky84

cocky84

WKR
See Aron and Jason wanted to start a WWE tag team. Aron wanted to call it the Manscape Mercinaries. Jason wanted to call it the Icon-ic Conquistadors. They could agree on one and thus they parted ways. Only to become the two we see today.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I figured it had to be something like that. Damn shame.

Yeah i agree im a quickly becoming a big Aron Snyder fan. Love the dudes attitude and confidence, and certainly tells it like it is. Plus im a gear geek like most of us. Funny how it seems like if your confident and honest you often get labeled an asshole. I love it though. I found the thread that rokslide posted about kuiu not liking how they were testing there packs. Thats all i was looking for.

Is their pack testing anything like their tent testing? <g>

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
His comments such as "kuiu is not a democracy" and his elitist attitude really put me off.

I don't know of any private company that would classify themselves as a "democracy".

One of my favorite movie lines was from Gene Hackman the submarine CO in Crimson Tide......."We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it".

Status
Not open for further replies.