Arrow build critique/spine check

Just bought a new(to me) RX4 ultra #3 cam and am piecing together new arrows. I’ve always shot heavier from 525-625gr arrows but I want to get my speed up and go lighter.
Bow will be set at 70 pounds and 30.5-31 inch draw. Here’s the plan:
Black eagle rampage 300 @29.5ish
Iron will 50gr HIT
Iron will 10gr collar
125gr head (Sevr 2.1 or Day Six Evo)
4 fletch heat vane with a short wrap.
The gold tip calculator puts this right around 480gr and 14% FOC. My main concern/question is will a 300 spine be sufficient or will I need to go stiffer?

For me the Rampage were great as far as building the weight were I wanted it , but they really really lacked in durability. I ran through arrows like i never had before so i switched back to Axis.

Id drop to a 260 or around there with all the weight forward and that length of shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
CApighunter
For me the Rampage were great as far as building the weight were I wanted it , but they really really lacked in durability. I ran through arrows like i never had before so i switched back to Axis.

Id drop to a 260 or around there with all the weight forward and that length of shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Axis are great arrows but too high GPI weight for how long my arrows end up being. Was also considering VAP RIP TKOs with the same specs as the rampage but tougher. Price difference is significant and I’ll probably order 2 dozen. Hoping with the IW components it’ll beef up the rampage enough for my needs.

Spine charts would say you're on the weak side at 300, but I bet they would still shoot fine for you. If you did want to go a bit stiffer, 250 spine Victory RIP TKO's would keep your TAW about the same as 300 spine BE Rampages (6 gr heavier with RIP TKO 250's). The thread linked below from a few months back discussing Rampages vs RIP TKO's may interest you. General consensus seemed to be that RIP TKO's are significantly tougher than Rampages. Based on that, you could consider using RIP TKO's without Iron Will collars to save $6 per arrow and offset the higher cost of the shafts. Just food for thought, many ways to skin this cat.

Last edited:
OP
CApighunter
Spine charts would say you're on the weak side at 300, but I bet they would still shoot fine for you. If you did want to go a bit stiffer, 250 spine Victory RIP TKO's would keep your TAW about the same as 300 spine BE Rampages (6 gr heavier with RIP TKO 250's). The thread linked below from a few months back discussing Rampages vs RIP TKO's may interest you. General consensus seemed to be that RIP TKO's are significantly tougher than Rampages. Based on that, you could consider using RIP TKO's without Iron Will collars to save $6 per arrow and offset the higher cost of the shafts. Just food for thought, many ways to skin this cat.
Yeah sounds like I might as well bite the bullet and get the RIP TKOs in a 250 spine. I’ll probably stick with the collar and end up just a bit below 500gr. Enough speed and zero concerns about durability.