Arrow Build Questions

TheKid

FNG
I am relatively new to building my own arrows. I shoot a VXR 31.5 set at 75lbs with a 29" draw length. I am looking into arrow options for whitetail this season. I have looked into the Easton Axis and Hexx but am open to other options. I am leaning toward an Easton 6mm Hexx 330 spine with a 50g brass insert and a 100g head. With 3 AAE max stealth vanes and a lighted nock, my arrow would total about 410g. Would this be sufficient for whitetail and appropriate to shoot out of my bow with my DW and DL.

Thanks,
Milan

Sobrbiker

WKR
That length and setup I would go minimum 300 spine (if not stiffer). Underspined will cause you more problems than overspined, and a 300 or lower would probably bring you arrow weight up a gpi or two boosting your momentum/penetration (not that what you’re talking about would have issues there at whitetail ranges).
It’s a rabbit hole, enjoy the journey finding what your bow likes.
Do you have a bow shop that you can buy less than a dozen? Makes the journey a little less expensive...

I'm shooting same bow, same weight with 1/2" shorter draw and I'm using a .250 spine with 60 grain insert and 125 head. I don't think you will get a .330 spine to tune. Might not get a .300 to tune depending on your arrow length. 300 with standard insert should be fine.

I am relatively new to building my own arrows. I shoot a VXR 31.5 set at 75lbs with a 29" draw length. I am looking into arrow options for whitetail this season. I have looked into the Easton Axis and Hexx but am open to other options. I am leaning toward an Easton 6mm Hexx 330 spine with a 50g brass insert and a 100g head. With 3 AAE max stealth vanes and a lighted nock, my arrow would total about 410g. Would this be sufficient for whitetail and appropriate to shoot out of my bow with my DW and DL.

Thanks,
Milan
you have plenty of energy any direction you go in all actuality... don't overthink it. i shoot a mach 1 @ 73# 28.5" draw, shooting an axis 300 28" C to C with 50gr brass HIT and a 125 head.... i'm really close on spine but i knew it would be fine. i'm at 524gr total arrow weight... it's a good middle ground for my setup... quiet bow, forgiving broadhead flight, but still good trajectory.

for deer, you may be overthinking it with your specs.... you have lots of extra horsepower regardless. i'm just partial to axis match grades, they are tough and consistent, and with a footer, the whole system is really strong... i have shot them enough to gain total confidence in them. i have heard nothing but good about Hexx, but i just have no reason to change.

Zac

WKR
I'd you want to stick with Easton you need to be shooting a 260 Axis. No way would I try a 330. Go to your shop and shoot whatever arrow you have through the chrony. Then get on Archers Advantag and plug those exact arrow specs and velocity into the spine calculator. This will give you the ability to play with other options. I would advise you to find a combination that reads slightly stiff. If you want a standard arrow diameter like the Hexx I would suggest looking at the Sirius Vulcan in a 250 spine.