Arrow building guide

Great write up! Thanks.

I have been shooting Easton arrows with the HIT inserts. I have moved form the factory aluminum inserts to the brass 75 grain inserts and gluing them in with the HIT epoxy glue. I would like to try hot melt glue for ease of changing the set up. Has anyone experienced issues with inserts pulling out with hot melt?

Also, looking at trying some impact collars. Are these glued on with hot melt as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
doncarpenter
Great write up! Thanks.

I have been shooting Easton arrows with the HIT inserts. I have moved form the factory aluminum inserts to the brass 75 grain inserts and gluing them in with the HIT epoxy glue. I would like to try hot melt glue for ease of changing the set up. Has anyone experienced issues with inserts pulling out with hot melt?

Also, looking at trying some impact collars. Are these glued on with hot melt as well?

I've never used hot melt on a HIT insert personally but have heard of others using it with good results. I would make sure to prepare the inside of the shaft well before installation.

I have glued collars before as well as not glued collars. My distinction was whether or not the collar fit tight or had some play. If the collar was tight fitting I left it alone. If it was loose I glued it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I've never used hot melt on a HIT insert personally but have heard of others using it with good results. I would make sure to prepare the inside of the shaft well before installation.

I have glued collars before as well as not glued collars. My distinction was whether or not the collar fit tight or had some play. If the collar was tight fitting I left it alone. If it was loose I glued it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip. I usually remove the knock. Blow ins arrow out, clean it with a q-tip with acetone and then a dry q-tip. Then clean the inserts off with acetone before mixing the epoxy.