Arrow building newb

JoeDirt

WKR
I wanted to bump up my weight a little. So I bought some Daysix arrows and my god are they durable. Ive beat the shit out of them! However i'm around 550gn and would like to be closer to 450-500gn.

I want a little lighter GPI shafts is there any that compare to the Daysix durability? I know higher GPI = stronger arrows but im wondering if any brands stand out from the pack?

I need to be closer to 450-500gn I hunt coastal Rosies in heavy brush. I cant always range where exactly where the elk will come out in the few openings available. So +- 5 yards is about the best I can do as far as ranging accuracy so trajectory is important. I find myself ranging trees and stumps more than elk (too brushy)

Im hunting with the daysix this season but want to start planning my next arrow builds.

406unltd

WKR
I’m a huge fan of my GT arrows. I run the Valkyrie system so I’m stuck using .166 and so all I can say is that my platinum pierce arrows are pretty tough. Vaps are the same dimensions as well so that’s another good option.