Arrow Building

hadda

FNG
I got a wicked deal on some Carbon Express Blue streaks, Piledrivers and Hunters in 250 and 350 grain.
I shoot approx 65# out of a Mathews monster xlr8 (fast with 5"brace height) with a 25" draw length. I used to shoot Gold tips with a 100 grain broadheads and they were good enough out to 40 or so but I never got them dialed. I seem to always be on the border between spines when looking at manufacturers spine charts. Any useful online resources for arrow building with penetration in mind?
Which spine do you think I should go with for hunting? Also open to suggestions as to broadhead weight. I live in Canada so moose, deer and elk are on the menu.

I got a wicked deal on some Carbon Express Blue streaks, Piledrivers and Hunters in 250 and 350 grain.
I shoot approx 65# out of a Mathews monster xlr8 (fast with 5"brace height) with a 25" draw length. I used to shoot Gold tips with a 100 grain broadheads and they were good enough out to 40 or so but I never got them dialed. I seem to always be on the border between spines when looking at manufacturers spine charts. Any useful online resources for arrow building with penetration in mind?
Which spine do you think I should go with for hunting? Also open to suggestions as to broadhead weight. I live in Canada so moose, deer and elk are on the menu.
The 250s are going to be too weak for sure. Carbon express numbering is stupid - 250s are about 400 spine. The 350s are probably going to end up being a little weak if you're wanting to run heavy point weight.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'd think at 25" dl you should be fine with the 350's. Pretty certain they spine out close to a 330 spine. If you run only 100 out front your probably fine with 250's. Depends on how long you end up cutting your arrows. If you get them to around 26" I'd think you would be ok with the 250's with 100 or 125 grain and standard inserts. Going to have a light arrow tho unless you go with the pile drivers.

Hope your not planning on mixing and matching those arrows together. Going to need to decide which ones and then the correct spine.

mrgreen

WKR
I agree with Billygoat. Also, if using lighted nocks, the weight in the rear can affect the spine.

OP
H

hadda

FNG
Took a look at the box. The 350 CE Blue Streaks are 8.3 GPI with a .347 spine. I have a QAD drop away rest so I could probably go even shorter than a 26" arrow if that helps.