Arrow coming off...

Marble

WKR
Instead of getting all new nocks, another option is to re-serve the string, new soft nock points and D loop.

Then test it as described above.

I suspect the main issue is how the d loop is and the nock points, not the serving.

Zac

WKR
Your nocks have a shelf life anyways. Good idea to replace them at least a couple times a year regardless. There are target shooters that change them every day of every day of every match.

Trial153

WKR
Combination of nock pinch because of the angle your drawing while your up in the stand, also in the heat of the moment when drawing of an angle you might be banging hard against the limb or cable stop. couple that with a little bit of nock pinch and you will have arrows coming loose

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I had this happen to me when I switched arrows halfway through spring bear one year. Cost me one bear. Luckily I was using Gold Tip arrows with a "softer" knock. I bit down on the knock with my teeth and it tightened it up enough that it would stay on the string on a hard downhill angle. Pretty redneck fix....but I it worked until I could get my string re-served to match my knocks!

Quick update, had a new d loop put on and issue appears to be resolved. Glad it was a simple fix. Thanks all for pointing me in the right direction.

Did you opt to get soft nocks installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrappy

WKR
This will sound really dumb, but I have been known to do dumb things. Your not doing a practice draw as soon as your getting into your stand are you? If so you need to push the arrow back firmly into the string after you let down. Don't ask me how I know this. Yes it was a huge buck. Still have night mares watching that arrow fall to the ground hitting 100,000 limbs on the way down.

OP
M

mtholton

FNG
Update for those that helped... Thought I had it fixed, but it happened again at the end of the season. Didn't dig into it much since the season was up, but I'll have to do some more investigating this spring when I start shooting again. I had it happen at home shooting a broad-head while drawing back level on the ground... Again, seems to only happen with a broadhead, but it's def not hitting anything. Still seems to be a angle/pinch issue.

Whatever the solution, I'll need to regain confidence in the setup since I had four issues now with deer.....

OP
M

mtholton

FNG
Issue is back. Shot a broad-head 5 times doing some final tuning pre-season (whitetail) and one of the five times it popped off. Going crazy.

OP
M

mtholton

FNG
I took a slow motion video. I took the broadhead and the Iron Will Impact collars off (still the insert inside it). It appears to jump a bit when getting to full draw. Would you consider this knock pinch, or is a small amount of jump normal? Note I brought it into a different archery shop explaining the issue and had them tie on a new D loop and soft knocks. If you think that amount of jump will do it, I'll bring it back in for round three.... Hoping thats it.

Erict

WKR
Can't tell if it's nock pinch if we can't see the nock as it approaches full draw. In any event, I have never seen an arrow jump like yours and would not consider that "normal". If you video again, do it horizontally and showing the rest and nock to full draw.

That jump is from nock pinch. The soft nocks that are tied in are too tight.

I set them up so with the bow pointed down the arrow can wiggle at the nock while at rest. Need to have a little bit of space in there.
I agree. Not sure if you have nock sets inside your d-loop, but I believe you're getting binding that's causing that jump.