Arrow Cutter

ktowncamo

WKR
I live at least 50 minutes from the closest archery shop and well over an hour from the shop I like to go to so for the past couple of years I've been cutting arrows at my buddy's house and fletching them myself. Bummer is my hunting buddy is moving so not only do I need to replace a solid hunting buddy and friend for this year's elk hunt but I "need" to get an arrow cutter.

Was going to pull the trigger on an Apple Pro cutter but found this one on eBay and although it does look made from home, it looks like it's solid. Anyone seen this one or used it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable-Arrow-Cut-Off-Cut-Off-Saw-Jig-for-Archery-/280847761899

Thx for the help

im in the same boat as you are and im getting into arrow building myself and i saw the exact same one on ebay as you did and my second thoughts are on it cuz it looks like homemade and i dont want it to be a POS

jamaro

FNG
I use the Cabelas Brand one and it works fine... Just make sure you always use a squaring device... I will admit that I tried to turn my saw on about a month ago and it didn't work.. Cabela's sent me a new one for free... :) Gotta Love that customer service..
J

Lukem

WKR
Built my own out of a Dremel, a 1x2 and a C clamp. Spent about $60 and now I also have a Dremel. I square my arrows also. Been doing this for years and never had an issue. All that to say, I wouldn't be scared about the one you posted, even if it looks a little homemade. The saw looks good, should work.

Last edited:
I also built my own with a dremel that I already had, so it didnt cost a dime. The problem I have is that I cant find a big enough blade that is thin, i can only take off an inch and a half at a time.
Any more than that and the arrow hits the tool before hitting the blade.
Any suggestions?

dotman

WKR
Yup I have it, paid $20 for it at harbor freight for the saw, works good. You can get abrasive blades from grainger for it. Ebay price is way high.

http://www.harborfreight.com/bench-top-cut-off-saw-42307.html

Looks like they changed the color and upped the price a little on the newer model. If you get this do not use the blades that come with it, they are for wood and will splinter carbon.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/3M-Cutoff-Wheel-6TX35?Pid=search
I have less then $40 into my setup just take it slow and have fun.

The wood and clamps you can get for less then $10 if you want it to look nice, I just used a piece of 3/4 plywood I had laving around and use a C-clamp then a I have a 2x4 on one end, I adjust arrow length by moving the saw. Then use the G5 tool that David has in his video to true it all up. Very very simple system to setup and use, good easy DIY project.

Last edited:
I like using the Easton one we have...only bad part is Easton quit making saws. I am not a fan of the Apple products BUT they do have good prices for the guys building home shops because of proximity to Shops.

OP
ktowncamo

ktowncamo

WKR
Thanks for the feedback guys and ideas. Although I've wanted a dremel for a while now (pinewood derby cars for my kids would be easier with the dremel) I found an Apple Pro brand new for $116 shipped and a hunting buddy agreed to split it with me.

Lukem

WKR
I also built my own with a dremel that I already had, so it didnt cost a dime. The problem I have is that I cant find a big enough blade that is thin, i can only take off an inch and a half at a time.
Any more than that and the arrow hits the tool before hitting the blade.
Any suggestions?

I have the same problem. I'll have to try one of the blades dotman suggested.

I'll see if I can't get a pic posted up later.

J-Daddy

WKR
I've gotta Weston 8000rpm arrow saw that I've had for years now and that thing has cut a ton of arrows and is still running strong. I think I paid like $80-$85 for it on eBay years ago.

cmeier117

WKR
Does anyone get their arrows but to length when ordering or just have their pro shop cut them and so all you have to do is square and fletch?