Arrow Fletcher's

ontarget7

WKR
I have 2 AZ Minis and about 12 blitz jigs. The last 2 years I have taken a liking to the EZ Mini and seldom even use my Blitz jigs anymore. I like a 2" vane and really don't see me needing the Blitz jigs anymore for my personal use. Still keep them for other customers that might request something different. Definitely can't beat the helical on a EZ mini, very consistent as well as a clean application once you get used to the glue you are using and the correct amount to do a clean job.

Im a Bitz guy.

I can fletch just about anything with it. Use it to put my hard right helical feathers on my traditional arrows, 4-fletch flu flu's, 4" vanes on some compound arrows with hard helical, and offset blazers on others.

So versatile.

a3dhunter

WKR
To be honest I don't know how you could me more "consistent" with the bitz IMO... There is literally nothin to the AZ mini fletch. Put the vanes in, clean them, let em dry, put glue down, put arrow in and clamp it shut... Wait a few minutes and your arrow is done... I could send you one of mine if you wanna try it out before buying one...

After fletching for years with the AZ ez fletch I can say that plenty of times the fletching was not the same. Don't know why, but it was happening. It was close, but not perfect.
Bought a Bitz and fletched a dozen easton ST shafts a couple weeks ago without a problem, and each of the shafts fletching was exactly the same. Takes a lot longer though.

Glue type you use can greatly speed up fletching with a bitz too.

I dont use any of the "slow" set glues. I use gel super glue. Plop the vane on, hold for 3-5 seconds, wipe any thats squeezed out, and im rotating over to the next vane. I can do a dozen shafts with one bitz in pretty short order.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
After fletching for years with the AZ ez fletch I can say that plenty of times the fletching was not the same. Don't know why, but it was happening. It was close, but not perfect.
Bought a Bitz and fletched a dozen easton ST shafts a couple weeks ago without a problem, and each of the shafts fletching was exactly the same. Takes a lot longer though.
Hmm that's interesting, maybe I need to start paying more attention to them... When you say they're "close" but not exact, how "close" are they? I have always figured if they group good for me it was good enough. :) But with that said, if they are off they can't be off by much at all or I think I'd notice it just by "eyeballing" it...

JasonWi

WKR
I prefer the EZ-mini I own 3 of them and I also have a Bitz. I havent used the bitz in along time.

I really like the speed and if I pay close attention the consistency I get from the EZ.

ontarget7

WKR

The reason more than likely for the AZ fletch not being consistent was do probably to the glue build up at the bottom of the arms. When this is not cleaned you will have more build up on one arm verses the other. This will give you a staggered appearance, where one vane is slightly farther down the shaft that another. When this is kept clean or just scrapped off they should be identical with zero variation.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
The reason more than likely for the AZ fletch not being consistent was do probably to the glue build up at the bottom of the arms. When this is not cleaned you will have more build up on one arm verses the other. This will give you a staggered appearance, where one vane is slightly farther down the shaft that another. When this is kept clean or just scrapped off they should be identical with zero variation.
That's what I was thinking after I thought about it, I'm pretty anal about keeping the jig clean just to avoid anything hindering it in any way... Maybe that's why I haven't noticed it being off in any way or different from arrow to arrow? I know some other local people have complained about the ability to keep it clean but I haven't ever had any issues with keeping it clean. I have only had mine a short time compared to some I'm sure but I have probably fletched/refletched 10 dozen arrows with mine...

Get a bitz and learn how to use it properly. Perfect fletch every time, been using it for 10 years.

OP
cali_hornhunter
Thanks for the input everyone sounds like ill have to decide between bitz and AZ it sounds like glue build interfers with consistency on fletchingb

gulicemo

Banned
I've done a couple dozen arrows with an AZ and never had any issues with glue build-up. The AZ is so easy, a caveman can do it.

Glue type you use can greatly speed up fletching with a bitz too.

I dont use any of the "slow" set glues. I use gel super glue. Plop the vane on, hold for 3-5 seconds, wipe any thats squeezed out, and im rotating over to the next vane. I can do a dozen shafts with one bitz in pretty short order.

What brand of glue and do they fall off easily?

My Bitz doesn't seem to have the ability for hard helical. If I adjust it they don't contact the shaft.