Arrow Help

Raider_X

FNG
I picked up a new Vertex on Monday, Kind of had to due to old bow elevation on sight being maxed out and nothing I did or shop did would fix it. So here is the problem the shop didn't have the Vertex G mod that I need to match my draw weight and currently turned down in to 58lbs with a 28" draw.

I had arrows already set up for whitetail season starting here in FL on Sat.

Bloodsport Evidence 28" 400 spine total weight of 383 grains
Gold Tip Pro Hunter 27" 400 spine total weight of 329 grains

Really needing some advice of what way to go, with the Evidence I am concerned that I may be underspined, and with the GT I am concerned that there is not enough grains there.

OP
R

Raider_X

FNG
@journeyman713, I think your right. acrding to their chart I should now be in a 350. However, the weight and estimated KE is a lot better.

Huntin wv

Lil-Rokslider
350 is a stiffer spine than a 400. The lower the number, the stiffer the spine. Most compounds will tune fine on the stiffer side of the spine range. Biggest problems are when you are way too weak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

Raider_X

FNG
Still confused and torn at this point. I don't have the time to order new arrows from any one to get them here in time and set up, as I have a special veterans archery hunt starting on Tue of next week. Do I take the speed of the gold tip and sacrifice weight, or take the weight and be a little under spined.

Shoot them both with field points and broadheads. Choose which ever one shoots the best for you.

Huntin wv

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t think you’ll be too underspined with either. See which one shoots and tunes best, tune to that one, and go hunt. Might want to avoid mechanical broadheads, but with about any fixed blade you should be fine for deer. Fixed blades will fly well if your bow is properly tuned and arrows/heads spin true.

OP
R

Raider_X

FNG
Got a chance to shoot both last night to sight in, not a problem out of either. Guess the different Spine chart recommendations from each company just threw me off.