Arrow Input

texjitter

Lil-Rokslider
*I'm sure this gets discussed alot but just wanted to run some numbers by ya'll to confirm my thoughts...

This will be my first deer season shooting a bow. Current setup is:

-Elite Impulse 34
-55# draw
-28" DL
-29.5" Black Eagle Outlaw Arrows 350 (blazer vanes x3, no wrap)

Looking to shoot either 100 gr QAD Exodus or the B3 Destrukt broadheads but I think I need to add some insert weight upfront for a higher FOC

Or am I better off going to 400 spine arrows given my draw weight?

There's no need to change anything about your current arrows if they shoot well.

Replicating your current setup with a 400 spine Outlaw would gain you about 0.5% of FOC. The importance of FOC is often overstated, and a 0.5% more or less certainly isn't going to matter. If you really did want to bump up FOC, trim 2" off your existing arrows and add a 20 gr weight screw behind the insert...that would add about 2% FOC and keep your TAW about the same.

gelton

WKR
^^^what he said.

Did you already buy your broadheads? If not, why change inserts when you can just shoot 125-grain broadhead instead of 100?

OP
texjitter

texjitter

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, I'm sure I'm over thinking it. Been getting good groups as is...

^^^what he said.

Did you already buy your broadheads? If not, why change inserts when you can just shoot 125-grain broadhead instead of 100?
No I haven't yet, but seems like the 125 Exodus is out of stock everywhere and the B3 head only comes in 100