Arrow Insert and collar advice. (HELP)

aggieland

WKR
I am playing around with some EFOC setups from my longbow and recently purchased a few of the Victory RIP XV shafts to try in .300 & .350 spines.
I would like to find the lightest flush fitting insert I can find and a collar to fit over the shaft.. keeping these components as light as possible will help due to the fact that I am using a 625 grain head.
ID on the shafts are .204 and OD is .251 & .255.. I have looked online but have not found what will work best just yet.
Thanks for any advice, I know lightweight and durable are hard to find but here we go.

OP
aggieland

aggieland

WKR
I may end up using the Firenock outsert system, I have used it before with amazing durability out of my trad bows. But going to see what options are out there first.

Do you remember what size components you used?

Jherek

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using Firenock the last 5 or 6 seasons on my easton injections. I've had really good luck and I'm very pleased! I had one or two come apart in the beginning(my fault)
since than I've yet to have one come apart, even when I needed it too lol. I've pulled them out of a pine, chiseled two out of an oak stump, And shot two big body whitetails right in the center of the heaviest part of the shoulder bone!

That being said, I'm going on my first elk hunt this year. And a little concerned, even though I probable shouldn't be! I was looking into the Iron Will inserts, no idea if that's an option for your set up.

Ophidian

Lil-Rokslider
I have nothing to add to this conversation but I would love to know what broadhead weighs 625grains

sram9102

WKR
I just want to know what sort of total weight and flight path you get with 650+ upfront. That sounds crazy excessive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OP
aggieland

aggieland

WKR
I wondered if they ever sold those $250/ea. BH's with a 12 week wait time...

Seems they did.

________

Before we go down this road with all the negative comments for broadheads, shafts, Nocks, bow or you name it. I like to experiment and have been blessed with the income to afford unusual items.
So far just playing around with vap 350 bare shafts a firenock outsert and the 600 grain field tips they fly like great without attempting to paper tune etc. Now I am moving to an ever lighter gpi shaft to see what happens. Should be around 38% foc give or take and fly around 160fps out of the longbow. I shoot "instinctive" but would have a POA at roughly 35 yds.

Ordered the firenock outserts going to give them a try first.
I have those and don't like them. They leave a small lip that gets caught in the targets and they can get miss aligned with hard use like most outserts. Overall they are high quality, but I prefer HIT's myself for .204 arrows.