Arrow noise, iw s125 and max hunter

Shooting s125 IW heads and 3 max hunter vanes. Combination shoots well but makes an audible hiss down range? I know that this sound is worse when the bow is out of tune. But my tune seems to be good, hitting accurately. Anyone else using this set up and have it quiet? Cheers.

Zac

WKR
They are extremely loud. Taller the vane the more the noise. They do stabilize incredibly well though.

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Yup I moved away from those games because of the noise. I use the max stealth now and they are much much quieter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeknelk

WKR
My buddy shoots the vented iw125 and it's far noiser than my set up with the cutthroat solid fwiw. I'm also shooting the q2i fusion vs his max stealths but I think his are as quiet as mine with Field tips.

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
Guys does anyone think a hiss is gonna scare deer? It’s all association and that’s something so uncommon I just don’t believe an association is ever gonna be made. My arrows shoot 5” shield cut feathers, helical. Just the way I’ve always shot and see no need to change. The hiss of death in a sense. I bet if they heard it they’d try to decide what it was, before the figured it out it’d be too late. Don’t sweat arrow noise, they all make some

jt4

WKR
IW vented broadheads are a lot louder when you're behind them than they are if you're standing in the direction they are headed. Don't worry about it.

Guys does anyone think a hiss is gonna scare deer? It’s all association and that’s something so uncommon I just don’t believe an association is ever gonna be made. My arrows shoot 5” shield cut feathers, helical. Just the way I’ve always shot and see no need to change. The hiss of death in a sense. I bet if they heard it they’d try to decide what it was, before the figured it out it’d be too late. Don’t sweat arrow noise, they all make some

I'm a believer in the arrow noise, it doesn't come into play til the further yards. But the initial noise is like a gunshot, you heard it, but can't locate it. Second shot you know exactly where it is. The arrow is like the second shot, they have a direction and know where it's coming from.

I just have experience with lots of animals around in the east, I can drop a water bottle out of a stand and they don't do anything but look up, launch an arrow and you will get a duck or turning reaction, from the deer it's headed at, not the others.

My mind is made up about it, I get my arrows as quiet as practical, for whitetail.

OP
S
Ya I’m talking about 40-70 yard mule deer shots in badlands. I’m just gonna shoot the max hunters, they are flying real well.