arrow reccomendation

So I'm going to give my recurve a try at whitetail this year. I shoot it all summer bowfishing instinctive and I can 4 inch group at 15-20 yards. Shooting a 1976 Kodiak magnum 54 amo and I believe its 50 lbs. I have a 30 inch draw and I don't know where to start for hunting arrows as I've just shot my compounds arrows at targets or the fiberglass bowfishing arrows. Any tips are appreciated.

You might start at 3rivers archery or Alaska bow hunting supply they have arrow selection charts online. Bears Paw Bows has a good how to on tuning on his website also.

SDHNTR

WKR
I'd start with a Gold Tip 5575 shaft and 5" feathers, then play with the tip weight until you get good flight. The great thing about Gold Tip is you can add various insert weights to optimize dynamic spine. 3Rivers also sells a box of assorted weight field tips that allow you to do the same thing.

Jesse Minish

Lil-Rokslider
Are you sure you have a 30" draw with your recurve? Most guys loose an inch or two of draw going from a compound to a recurve or longbow. You could give Paul at Elite Arrows a call. Tell him all you specs and he will set you up with some great arrows.

Jesse Minish

Lil-Rokslider
OK. Paul at Elite Arrows is in Bloomfield Hills, MI. Not sure how close that is to you but he is a great guy and Im sure he would help you out.

I's say full length 400 spine carbons with 125 grain heads. I used Axis in the past but I shoot at everything and loose some. From now on nothing more expensive than $60/dozen. Excels (discontinued) or Beman Bowhunters will shoot better than most of us. I am going to run Excels or the new Aftermaths from here on out. Two or three dozen will last me a long while I would think.

So I'm going to give my recurve a try at whitetail this year. I shoot it all summer bowfishing instinctive and I can 4 inch group at 15-20 yards. Shooting a 1976 Kodiak magnum 54 amo and I believe its 50 lbs. I have a 30 inch draw and I don't know where to start for hunting arrows as I've just shot my compounds arrows at targets or the fiberglass bowfishing arrows. Any tips are appreciated.

Gotta love those old Fred Bear Recurves. I have a Kodiak Hunter from the 50's myself.