Arrow saw

Looking for recommendations on an arrow saw. I want something that is accurate and reliable but its just for personal use not a shop so I don't wanna spend 300 bucks. Anybody have experience with a brand or model that fits the bill? Thanks in advance!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Anybody have experience with a brand or model that fits the bill?
Sure.......a Harbor Freight dremel type tool for $17 with the small cutoff wheels. Drill out a hole at the end of your work bench for your nock, clamp the dremel tool to the work bench at whatever length you need it to be, turn it on, and rotate your arrows against the cutting wheel with the other end in the drilled hole. When done, square the ends and you're good to go. I've done 100's of arrows with this setup........and I demand perfection.........but I'm also frugal. The arrow saws work too.......if you want to pay that much for them. I haven't seen a difference though in the end results.....if you do it right.

I've got a Weston 8000 rpm saw and it works great, but if I had it to do over again I'd save myself some money by getting a cheap mini cut-off saw and adding a homemade roll-cutting jig like 5MilesBack described above. If you cut carefully and follow up with a squaring tool, I bet the arrows would turn out just the same.

I use a harbor freight cut off saw mounted to a 1x6. Certainly need do a lot of squaring sometimes but it cost 30$

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
Sure.......a Harbor Freight dremel type tool for $17 with the small cutoff wheels. Drill out a hole at the end of your work bench for your nock, clamp the dremel tool to the work bench at whatever length you need it to be, turn it on, and rotate your arrows against the cutting wheel with the other end in the drilled hole. When done, square the ends and you're good to go. I've done 100's of arrows with this setup........and I demand perfection.........but I'm also frugal. The arrow saws work too.......if you want to pay that much for them. I haven't seen a difference though in the end results.....if you do it right.
Would you mind posting a pic of that setup, please?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Would you mind posting a pic of that setup, please?
It's not set up right now, but I should be cutting some arrows here in the next week or so after they arrive. I'll try to remember to take a pic. It's not very complicated......just a dremel tool that I clamp to my work bench at the exact cutting length I need it at.

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
It's not set up right now, but I should be cutting some arrows here in the next week or so after they arrive. I'll try to remember to take a pic. It's not very complicated......just a dremel tool that I clamp to my work bench at the exact cutting length I need it at.
cool, thanks! I can picture that.

packer58

WKR
I also went with the Harbor Freight mini chop saw and mounted it to a cheap aluminum door threshold, mounted a piece of aluminum angle with sliding nock reciever for cutting different lengths. Also riveted an aluminum ruler for easy indexing length. I'll try to get some pics up....

CORidgeRunner

Lil-Rokslider
C
I also went with the Harbor Freight mini chop saw and mounted it to a cheap aluminum door threshold, mounted a piece of aluminum angle with sliding nock reciever for cutting different lengths. Also riveted an aluminum ruler for easy indexing length. I'll try to get some pics up....
Could you post a few pictures. I’m going to build a diy arrow saw as well and have been bouncing around ideas.

Slecken

Lil-Rokslider
I also use a Dremel tool with a cut off wheel mounted to a 2x6. Worked great.

nphunter

WKR
I bought an old used apple for like $75 bucks. Works awesome for me, there a couple hundred new. I have used lots of different methods over the years but even with a good saw I would still recommend using some kind of ASD just to double check.

WCB

WKR
I have the Weston also. Thought about messing with DIY but it was nice just pulling it out of he box and using it within about 2 minutes. I also have a couple buddies that I've cut arrows for and just charge them a few bucks a dozen and made my money back already and saved them a few bucks from going to a pro shop.

Realistically I paid it off and made about $50 on the deal in less than a year.