Arrow Selection Help

NYSKIER

WKR
Hi guys,
Currently I shoot a standard size arrow but am looking to move to a smaller diameter arrow. I was thinking about the Victory VAP or RIP as well as the new TKO versions. I currently shoot a 28inch 350 spine 420 grain total weight Victory VForce gamer arrow (Shoot 125 grain points). I shoot a 67lb 27.5 draw bowtech realm. I think my arrow weight pretty good and I don't need to go crazy getting my weight up I just need help deciding on a good arrow for penetration and flight. I did the math and if I get VAP (non TKO) My arrow will come in around 410 grains. Will this loss of weight be more than the gains from a smaller diameter? Is it worth going for the TKO version? Also I know that there is diameter difference between RIP and VAP (.204 vs .166) and this will cause a penetration difference but is it going to be a very substantial difference? Any input or suggestions on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

I just got two dozen RIP TKO shafts I’ll let you know how they are when I build them. I’ve never used the VAP but I have used the same diameter Easton injexions and I like the shafts but the components for the smaller diameter shafts aren’t a as good as the .204. Not many 125 grain heads in deep six and you can double stack the deep six inserts but it still doesn’t give you a heck of a lot up front. I’m going to run 75 grain brass HIT upfront in the RIP and a 125 grain head with the 300 spine I should be right around 480 finished weight

Boo

FNG
Don, what are you using for Broadheads with the RIP’s? Are your Broadhead diameters larger than the arrow diameters?

Brendan

WKR
I prefer the .204 ID shafts, with Easton HIT inserts to take standard broadheads.

Easton Axis with 50 grain brass insert and 125 grain heads have been good to me, but are a little heavier than I prefer in terms of GPI. Made a mistake at the range yesterday and forgot to re-adjust my sight because I was switching between two bows. Hammered one through a 2x4 that showed no damage to the shaft.

I just cut and installed 75 grain brass inserts into some Black Eagle Rampage Shafts that I'm going to be testing out. I also have some VPA Footers on the way to test. These should be slightly lighter than the Axis, with a little more speed, and more FOC for the same spine and arrow length.

No personal experience with Victory.

Some broadheads will have overlap, some won't. Easton offers broadhead adapter rings in a variety of sizes, and VPA custom shot offers footers if this is a concern for you.