Arrow setup

WYCFM1

WKR
lets hear your arrow set up! I’m running a day six 300 spine 3 fletch, 28 inch with 50 gr outsert. 125 grain kudu up front.

Do those day 6 arrows spin good? What kinda nock you running? How’s the weight tolerances throughout a dozen of those shafts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WYCFM1

WKR
Fmj 340 3 fletch right offset white wraps 75g inserts Easton nocks 100g sever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Elkhntr08

WKR
A 27.5” 5mm 340 FMJ, standard Easton nock and insert, Blazer 3 fletch and a Iron Will V100 or ViperTrick.
This setup shoots bullet holes through paper and BHs shoot to the same spot as FPS out to 60 yards.

Sorry slinger

Lil-Rokslider
26.5'' Beman ICS hunter Classic, 100 grain brass insert, 100 grain exodus or Montec or iron will or magus black hornet. 4 fletch xvane 500gr TAW Still a little tuning to do. FP are spot on to 100 Broadheads a touch left (for now)

Day Six 300 spine 50gr aluminum centric outsert. 125gr point. 4" wrap 3 2.5" feathers. 508gr total.
Haven't decided on broad head yet, still playing around a little.

nphunter

WKR
28" RIP TKO 250, Easton X Nock, 75gr HIT, Iron WIll impact collar, 5" reflective arrowrap, 6 PM 2.0 vanes, Iron Will S100's and Trypans on the tip.

Last edited:

GregB

WKR
BE rampage 300 27" 51gr half out 50gr brass weight, 4.5" wrap and 4 3" parabolic X vanes. 125gr Slick Trick Magnum, or 3 blade Wac' Em about 509 grains total.

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
I've two I'm playing with right now. GT Pierce Platimun 300, Ethics insert/outset, 125gr head, 3.5" wrap, Vanes vary right now; 26.6" total length and 506 TAW. The other is a Valkyrie setup, 509 TAW. I have some Iron Wills I'm trying as well as Cutthroats. I'm going to try the Valkryies also to see how they fly.

nphunter

WKR
I've never played with 6 fletch. Notice and drag issues, wind drift? I have some of those vanes but didn't realize how small they were until they arrived

6 of the 2.0's have about the same surface area as 3 Max Stealths with a lot smaller profile, they should have slightly less drag than the 3 fletched Stealths because of that. The idea is that with the much smaller side profile they should drift less, I haven't shot them out past 40 yet but plan to now that the weather is getting nicer. So far the six fletch is flying the best at 40 though, every set they are tighter than the others and most ends 2 out of 3 the shafts are touching.

I'm pretty excited about this setup, to me the only negative is they take twice the fletchings but they are still only $1.40 per arrow plus glue which to me is super reasonable and probably still the cheapest component on the arrows.
The pro's of a smaller profile are, less drift, more clearance, less chance of getting shot, deform less in my soft case, take less glue than 3 max stealths. The pros of 6 fletch are that they have more surface area than less fletchings which equals more control and they give you 3 more positions to nock tune. So far im very impressed, just taking some rough measurements they come in with slightly less surface area than the much larger max stealths and 6 2.0's are still almost 8 grains lighter than 3 max stealths.

I will try to post an update after i shoot fixed heads with them but i already know that the max stealths do a great job stabilizing and feel these will do just as well. It really doesn't take me much more time at all to fletch them vs 3 or 4 since i already have the arrow cleaned up and on the jig, same setting for 3 fletch you just pull the arrow after the first 3 and rotate it 180deg and fletch the other 3.

Reactions: Zac

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
6 of the 2.0's have about the same surface area as 3 Max Stealths with a lot smaller profile, they should have slightly less drag than the 3 fletched Stealths because of that. The idea is that with the much smaller side profile they should drift less, I haven't shot them out past 40 yet but plan to now that the weather is getting nicer. So far the six fletch is flying the best at 40 though, every set they are tighter than the others and most ends 2 out of 3 the shafts are touching.

I'm pretty excited about this setup, to me the only negative is they take twice the fletchings but they are still only $1.40 per arrow plus glue which to me is super reasonable and probably still the cheapest component on the arrows.
The pro's of a smaller profile are, less drift, more clearance, less chance of getting shot, deform less in my soft case, take less glue than 3 max stealths. The pros of 6 fletch are that they have more surface area than less fletchings which equals more control and they give you 3 more positions to nock tune. So far im very impressed, just taking some rough measurements they come in with slightly less surface area than the much larger max stealths and 6 2.0's are still almost 8 grains lighter than 3 max stealths.

I will try to post an update after i shoot fixed heads with them but i already know that the max stealths do a great job stabilizing and feel these will do just as well. It really doesn't take me much more time at all to fletch them vs 3 or 4 since i already have the arrow cleaned up and on the jig, same setting for 3 fletch you just pull the arrow after the first 3 and rotate it 180deg and fletch the other 3.

View attachment 97380
Nice. What fletching jig are you using? I've been playing with smaller vanes this year (AAE Pro Max and AAE Plastifletch 2.3"), 4 fletch on everything.

nphunter

WKR
Nice. What fletching jig are you using? I've been playing with smaller vanes this year (AAE Pro Max and AAE Plastifletch 2.3"), 4 fletch on everything.

I'm using a Blitz, i have one setup for 4 fletch and the others setup for 3. I was hoping to get away with the 2.0 in 4 fletch, they are still in the mix but from the little bit of shooting I've done it seems the 6 is grouping tighter.

Howell81

FNG
30" 6mm FMJ 390. Standard nock & inserts, 3 blazer fletching in orange/white 100g Muzzy MX-4 broadhead.

Zac

WKR
250 Day six GT wrap, 4 right helical Heats, 100 grain collar, Iron Will vented 100s and Blood Sport Night Fury Extremes, total weight 610 grains at 263 fps

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
29" draw - Black Eagle Rampage 250 spine, 4 fletch AAE Hybrid 16, Black Eagle Aluminum FOCUS System, 100g point/BH.

529g total weight.

Last edited: