Arrow weight

Jsbs0823

FNG
What total grain weight arrow Is everyone shooting? I’m close to 400 and not sure if I should increase that.

OP
Jsbs0823

Jsbs0823

FNG
I shoot somewhere around 525

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Ok cool. Yeah I’ve been hearing around that same number. Do you have brass inserts or how’d you get you weight up to that? How man GPI and what arrows do you shoot? I’ve got the GT that are 8.9 gpi that I whitetail hunt with I was gonna try and use but I’ve been considering getting the heavier GT’s.

I'm shooting Gold Tip Velocity that weigh 470 grains. I used their fact weight system to get my weight up

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

OP
Jsbs0823

Jsbs0823

FNG
I'm shooting Gold Tip Velocity that weigh 470 grains. I used their fact weight system to get my weight up

Ok yeah that’s what I’m thinking about is the fact weight that way I can keep the arrows I have now.

mtjimbo

Lil-Rokslider
Ok cool. Yeah I’ve been hearing around that same number. Do you have brass inserts or how’d you get you weight up to that? How man GPI and what arrows do you shoot? I’ve got the GT that are 8.9 gpi that I whitetail hunt with I was gonna try and use but I’ve been considering getting the heavier GT’s.
I shoot blood sport evidence .300 that are 11.7gpi and I'm just shooting there insert/outsert system. I really like them I used to shoot 425 for elk and they were faster but the extra penetration and use of any broadheads I want I really liked. I just shoot 100gr heads but my arrow has high foc with the insert system. I'm not sure exactly what it is

OP
Jsbs0823

Jsbs0823

FNG
I shoot blood sport evidence .300 that are 11.7gpi and I'm just shooting there insert/outsert system. I really like them I used to shoot 425 for elk and they were faster but the extra penetration and use of any broadheads I want I really liked. I just shoot 100gr heads but my arrow has high foc with the insert system. I'm not sure exactly what it is

Yeah it seems the insert is the way to go without modifying the length of my arrows at all. I also shoot 100 grain. I shoot the spitfire mechanical.

mtjimbo

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah it seems the insert is the way to go without modifying the length of my arrows at all. I also shoot 100 grain. I shoot the spitfire mechanical.
I'm giving the sevr 1.5s a try this year. I've shot elk with mechanicals and fixed and I just like my blood trails better with a mechanical and it's probably shot placement error with the fixed that didn't provide the blood I was hoping for. I've had pass throughs on most animals even elk when shooting the 425gr with grim reapers

OP
Jsbs0823

Jsbs0823

FNG
I'm giving the sevr 1.5s a try this year. I've shot elk with mechanicals and fixed and I just like my blood trails better with a mechanical and it's probably shot placement error with the fixed that didn't provide the blood I was hoping for. I've had pass throughs on most animals even elk when shooting the 425gr with grim reapers

Yeah I’ve never had a problem with the spitfire. It doesn’t hesitate to pass through!! Great blood trails too.

Ok yeah that’s what I’m thinking about is the fact weight that way I can keep the arrows I have now.
I like to play with my arrows a bit but buyinh different models is not really an option for me, fact weight, different field points and different fletching options are how i can do it

406unltd

WKR
I like to hit a speed. 265-285 tunes well and for me personally gives me a quiet bow. It just so happens to be at 560g @268-270fps. I want the same setup for all animals. Accurate and quiet.

Rob5589

WKR
425. Something to remember, adding weight up front will change your arrow's spine. If you're getting a pass through with your current set-up, leave it alone.

What total grain weight arrow Is everyone shooting? I’m close to 400 and not sure if I should increase that.
Would all depend on your draw weight and length, you can’t really just pick a number and go for it. If you want more weight you need a heavier gpi arrow and more point weight but that will require you to fine tune the dynamic spine so that you are getting good arrow flight still.

success

WKR
I like to hit a speed. 265-285 tunes well and for me personally gives me a quiet bow. It just so happens to be at 560g @268-270fps. I want the same setup for all animals. Accurate and quiet.

What bow are your shooting to get those speeds at 560gr? That’s flying compared to my bow

mtjimbo

Lil-Rokslider
What bow are your shooting to get those speeds at 560gr? That’s flying compared to my bow
No kidding I thought my bow was fast. Shooting 520ish at 270fps out of my Halon 6

406unltd

WKR
It’s a realmx at 70# and 30.5” draw. My scale at home reads 555g but my shop in town says 560. Next year I’m bumping my head down 30g so I’m hoping to be 275-280 with 530g total. At that point my spine might be able to handle performance mode and I should get another 5-8 on top of that. We will see how finicky she wants to be.