Arrowhead 300gr XLD

ENCORE

WKR
Had the time and felt good enough to send a few.

Now I will admit I should have read my notes..... LOL
First few rounds were with another bullet, but I was using a wool wad when that bullet requires a veggie. Should have read my notes first. The center diamond holes were with the other bullets.

Brought out the Arrowhead 300gr XLD bullets. Fired 5 at the bottom right diamond, made a slight adjustment then fired 5 at the left diamond.
Range: 107yds. 100grs W of BH209. Bipod and rear bag.

11-7-2020 1.jpg

WKR
The BC of .4 with the 300 xld is at 2800 fps, with your 2350 fps it will be lower. Just shoot a drop chart and you will find out what your bc is.
With the original 300 lr bullets my bc is .3 instead of the .32 at 2800. I have to shoot smokeless to get those numbers. After this upcoming muzzy hunt, I will use up the last of the LR bullets. I have two boxes of those XLD waiting to be played with.

OP
ENCORE

ENCORE

WKR
The BC of .4 with the 300 xld is at 2800 fps, with your 2350 fps it will be lower. Just shoot a drop chart and you will find out what your bc is.
With the original 300 lr bullets my bc is .3 instead of the .32 at 2800. I have to shoot smokeless to get those numbers. After this upcoming muzzy hunt, I will use up the last of the LR bullets. I have two boxes of those XLD waiting to be played with.
I'm sending them at 2900fps when shooting smokeless, still using .400

IMG_2031.JPG

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
At 500yds, this is the difference in drop while still using .400
300gr XLD and BH209

View attachment 231157
I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Was the expected POI the center dot, and this is the drop when using .400? I'm sending them at 2520 fps using BH209 and shot out to 600 yds. I found that I had to use .358 in JBM to get the ballistics to match what I saw on the range.
I'm using my rifle for hunting, so it just has to be good enough for that. It is.

OP
ENCORE

ENCORE

WKR
I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Was the expected POI the center dot, and this is the drop when using .400? ....
Yes, the center of the dot.

What I find more often than not, is that someplace between 200 and 600yds there's just one hiccup and normally its 300yds for me. Every once in awhile it may be 400.
I also use JBM. I'll use the known BC even if its for SML. Chronographed velocities are used. I'll print out the data from JBM, then verify it at the range. Its been so darn close with 120grs VOLUME of BH, 100grs by WEIGHT of BH, also when shooting 8208 and Benchmark.
The chart may indicate (example only) come up 4.6moa and when actually shooting it may be 4.75 or could be 4.5.

I did have one bullet that gave me FITS! I discussed it with a couple of the builders. Some of the guys are switching to use G7 instead of G1.
Its all fun as heck and a learning experience.

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, the center of the dot.

What I find more often than not, is that someplace between 200 and 600yds there's just one hiccup and normally its 300yds for me. Every once in awhile it may be 400.
I also use JBM. I'll use the known BC even if its for SML. Chronographed velocities are used. I'll print out the data from JBM, then verify it at the range. Its been so darn close with 120grs VOLUME of BH, 100grs by WEIGHT of BH, also when shooting 8208 and Benchmark.
The chart may indicate (example only) come up 4.6moa and when actually shooting it may be 4.75 or could be 4.5.

I did have one bullet that gave me FITS! I discussed it with a couple of the builders. Some of the guys are switching to use G7 instead of G1.
Its all fun as heck and a learning experience.
Ok, we're using the same method. It sure is a lot of fun! It's incredible being able to shoot a muzzleloader so accurately. I'm getting 1.25in groups at 300 yds with a little wind present using the XLD bullets. I can also say they are effective on elk at distance (my GF and I both killed elk this year with them).

OP
ENCORE

ENCORE

WKR
Ok, we're using the same method. It sure is a lot of fun! It's incredible being able to shoot a muzzleloader so accurately. I'm getting 1.25in groups at 300 yds with a little wind present using the XLD bullets. I can also say they are effective on elk at distance (my GF and I both killed elk this year with them).
I'm trying my best to find a place to shoot 1,000yds. Here in the mid-west, actually northern MI, we have no extended long range clubs. 600yds is the max. Now there is a range 3.5hrs one way from me, but you have to be a member at $250. ONLY members can shoot there and all shooting is from prone.
Hoping I can find a farmer with a long field :)