Arrowhead Rifles muzzleloader review thread

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Luke at Arrowhead Rifles sent me a photo of my rifle which is in the process of being built. I’m very excited to see what all the hype is about. Arrowhead is known for accurate rifles and has designed arguably the best breech plug in the industry. Luke has an engineering background and is
b92b444c13a12b51fdd67fa4bd7c68c7.jpg

a very intelligent individual.

The specs of my build is as follows:
Rem 700 action
Brux 1:20 fluted barrel
Arrowhead muzzle brake
Triggertech trigger
AG composites alpine hunter stock
Arrowhead breech plug , ramrod, 20 MOA rail, and bolt stop.
The action and barrel are treated in nitride as well.

I’m very excited to get my hands on this rifle as I should have not one, but two deer hunts this muzzleloader season.

Follow along as I will be giving my thoughts on this rifle as well as my progression from shooting an in-line/sabot combo to a sabotless/smokeless muzzleloader!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Ugh. I am SO jealous. And SUBscribe...

Luke what is your recommendation for Colorado deer? I’d assume one of your .45s but I do not see any open sight options.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member

Luke what is your recommendation for Colorado deer? I’d assume one of your .45s but I do not see any open sight options.

Actually he is setting me up with open sights on this rifle. They are removable. I plan on using it for Colorado deer this year. And yes, .45 cal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
Any more info on his breech plug, interesting, never heard of them.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member

Luke hasn't decided on a rear sight for me. It is either going to be a Williams or XS. For the front, we are using a Lee Shaver.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have never had a rifle built with so much trust in components as I have with Luke. I'm usually the pesky micromanaging customer.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member

WKR
I had him rebarrel my Remington UML with a brux barrel and install his ignition system. I couldn't be happier with his work and the way the rifle shoots. I am shooting his 300 gr ELD bullets with BH209 at 2520 fps and a nice clover leaf at 100 yards. I was able to take an elk with it this year at 243 yards, no problems.

LWH723

FNG
No. That’s how many times each module can be reused. The breech plugs are good for 1000+ at least. Haven’t really had any plugs wear out, so don’t know exact number.
So you have to replace the breech plug or something after 15-30 shots ?