Arrows for my newly tuned-up old bow...

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
I have an older High Country Archery Per-FX bow. It's currently in the shop getting the original 15 year old string replaced as well as upgrading to a Black Gold Mountain Lite 3 pin and QAD contained drop-away rest.

I will need to also replace my arrows. My current arrows were set up for a lower draw weight and are 15 years old.

I'd like to run my bow around 70lbs draw weight, maybe 75. I'm 27.5" draw last time I was measured (forever ago) and will be getting measured again of course.

I will be using 100gr Sevr 1.5 Ti mechanicals and I'm going for elk, possibly black bear, and blacktail deer in the PNW.

I'm assuming I should be 300 spine with this setup. What arrow brand/model would be suitable? Easton Axis? Total grains to shoot for? Any other arrow advice would be awesome. I'm not going to make them myself, but don't necessarily trust what a shop says. I trust Rokslider's more.

Rob5589

WKR
Get your true draw length and weight as well as approx shaft length. You're somewhere between a .340 and .300.

Zac

WKR
Hard to say with a bow that old. You may want to reconsider your broadhead choice in favor of a fixed blade. IBO on that thing is gonna be pretty low, and your draw is on the shallow side.

I don’t know the speed of that bow, but I’d say 300-250 spine. Error on the stiff side, especially if you put extra weight up front. There are TONs of arrow options from Gold Tip, Easton, Black Eagle, Victory, and others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Logan80

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
Right now at 67lbs with my arrows which are about 430gr I get around 255fps though my cheap little chrono.
I’d like to get more speed, but still be viable for elk.

Rob5589

WKR
Right now at 67lbs with my arrows which are about 430gr I get around 255fps though my cheap little chrono.
If it shoots well, I'd leave well enough alone.

neverquit

WKR
I’m not sure there’s a ton of variables and few wrong as answers but......

I just got back a Batch of arrows from black ovis custom arrows. I doubt I’ll ever buy arrows from a pro shop again

Zac

WKR
Your super light for elk right now. Your gonna have to forget about speed and go after momentum.

OP
Logan80

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
That's the main reason I'm having my bow adjusted to the higher poundage position on my cam. I want to get to 75 and add weight while trying to maintain some decent speed.