Arrows for stick bow

Sled

WKR
I'm sure some things have changed since the last time I shot a stick bow back in middle school but I'm looking to get back into it. I've ordered a recurve for 35 lb limbs to get me going and plan on moving up to 50 if I decide to hunt with it this year. My plan is to get some carbon arrows and leave them full length after squaring the ends then add a wrap and some feathers. My question is since I have plenty of gold tip 340s lying around will they be too stiff? Or is there such a thing? The factory spine chart puts my 30.5" draw between a 400 and 340 with a 50lb limbs. If I'm shooting the 35lb limbs for a bit will I see much negative flight out of them?

OP
Sled

Sled

WKR
copy that, i had planned on a 100gr tip with 50-75gr insert but i can adjust a bit. if i can get close to your 225gr i'll be in the ball park of an ideal hunting weight.

thanks

I can't say that for certain that 225 will do it. That was just a guess. Is your shelf cut past center? That will help. If not going to play hell getting the 340's to work.

OP
Sled

Sled

WKR
It is cut past center. I can pick up some 400's but wanted to give the 340's a try since I have so many hanging around. Extra foc and overall weight will be nice if I can get them to fly.

Beendare

WKR
The correct spine for a 35# recurve is going to be 500’s or 600’s.
I dunno that you can over load the tip enough to get then to work. Buy the FP test kit from 3 rivers and try jt i suppose.

I shoot full length 340’s in my 50# high performance recurve, 30” DL with 225gr up front- a big difference from this and your setup.
——

OP
Sled

Sled

WKR
The correct spine for a 35# recurve is going to be 500’s or 600’s.
I dunno that you can over load the tip enough to get then to work. Buy the FP test kit from 3 rivers and try jt i suppose.

I shoot full length 340’s in my 50# high performance recurve, 30” DL with 225gr up front- a big difference from this and your setup.
——

That's pretty much what I'm looking for. I plan to use 50 lb limbs for hunting but want to start with 35s to get my form down. I just don't want to buy multiple sets of arrows if I can help it. Got plenty of them laying around just nothing weak spined.

Zac

WKR
You can probably buy a springy rest and get away with about whatever spine you wan't with field tips.