Arrows left of aim

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
So I started canting my bow more and more and more. And when I got to about 45°, I am getting to the center. But it just feels so wrong canting my bow that much and twisting my head at such an odd angle
That is how I have shot for 3 decades. Given my narrow set eyes I cannot get my eye directly over the tail end of arrow any other way. If the nock end of the arrow is to the right of your eye, the arrow MUST fly to the left of where you see the arrow tip before release. Simple geometry.

galamb

FNG
You could try one of the ILF bows listed just to try and get close. Something like the Tradtech ILF Recurve. It’s at the bottom of the list.

It should get you close. From my experience your arrows are Way too stiff now. If your not sure though, try some shots at about 2’-3’. That’ll show pretty quick that you’re overspined. The shafts kick should be magnified at real close range as it comes off the shelf.

Agree with this - even using a "bow that is close" will give you a reasonable enough dynamic value of the bow power - certainly within a "few" pounds that you can compare against the arrow where you know all the variables.

Just based on your specs your bow dynamic is probably in the low/mid 50's at best and if the arrow is coming out in the 70's or 80's (which would be my guess based on your description) that is telling you "way too much spine" even if it's not exact.

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
I get it. I'm over spined. But the centershot figure is really screwing with me. The satori is cut .44 past center, with a .261 side plate. So therefore my boss setting would be .179 past center... I can't figure out how to get that figure into the calculator. What I gather is that I'm in the 4-500 spine range.

galamb

FNG
Just pick the closest center cut from the dropdown.

If you play with it a bit on the fly you will see that changing the center cut (in the calculator) only changes things by a pound or two - likewise, if you pick say a 12 strand string vs a 10 or whatever it will change a little bit - but even if you get a few variables wrong you are unlikely to be more than 5 pounds or so different from "actual" on the bow side of things and you are looking for an arrow dynamic within a couple pounds of the bow output "to get you started".

You can start out maybe as much as 10 pounds heavy in spine and just swap heads or add 10 or 20 grains to the insert or leave the arrow an inch long or whatever, but you are not going to bend 20 extra pounds of spine around the shelf when you power is only in the 50 pound range to start with.

sneaky

"DADDY"
You should have someone stand behind you when you take your stance on the target. They can place either a straight edge, or an unfletched arrow across your shoulder blades. That'll show where you are really pointing. Your natural movement of your bow arm will fall back to this natural line. If your shoulders and torso are pointing left you are having to muscle over to the center and at release your bow arm goes left. I take an open stance and rotate my upper body into proper alignment. It's part of my shot process . I can immediately tell when I'm out of alignment at the shot.

You aren't plucking the shot either are you? Best thing is to get your body alignment nailed down, and video your shot sequence. You can cover a wide range of spines with a consistent release and form. Point weight changes are easy. But, without seeing you shoot it's a guess from everyone here as to what the one thing, or combination of things, it could be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Try looking at the grip on your bow. I have a wood bow that consistently shoots 6” right (I’m a lefty). I have an ilf bow with a different grip and it hits where I aim. From what I’ve found in my very limited experience is if the spine of the arrow is close it’s generally my form causing the arrow to miss. Maybe order a couple different grips and start playing around with those.

Btaylor

WKR
If you are shooting a pretty consistent group just to the left, I might try a thinner strike plate first so the stiffer arrow doesnt have to bend around the shaft as much to clear it.