arrows randomly being way off???

sk1

WKR
so im having some struggles this year. i put a new string on my hoyt defiant turbo, after getting it papertuned and dialed in, the limb splintered and i decided to get a new bow.

i bought a bowtech realm x. shot a bunch and then had it papertuned. i thought i was on the rode to finally getting dialed in. starting out at 20 yards i was shooting decent groups for like 10 arrows and then i will randomly have one entirely miss a 36" by 36" target bag. i've completely lost 4 arrows now and it keeps doing the same thing. i have old and new arrows. i was saving my brand new ones until i got closer to being dialed in. they are the exact same arrows, fletching, etc, just older. ive never had a problem in the past using my older arrows to dial in close and then basically just confirm with my new arrows for the hunt. i rolled them and it seems MAYBE they have a slight more movement than my new arrows. i dont know what else to think other than an arrow problem?

ive missed the 36" x 36" bag at 15 yards! i think i would know it if i punched the trigger that bad, especially after hitting a 1 inch group with the first 3 arrows prior to missing everything. i cant even tell you what direction im missing being that i lost the arrows and was shocked that i didnt hit the target at all. i had one arrow that just barely caught the far right side of the bag i found, but i do not know if i am consistently missing in that direction

taking it to the range tomorrow, changing to a smaller peep sight to better fit my sight guard as i can see a bit more light around the outside than i would like for consistency, going to check papertune again. all parts and pieces of my MBG 5 pin slider seem to be secure and tight.

ive never had a problem like this and its getting down to the wire here

thoughts????????

thanks

edit: this is my first year shooting the hamskea hybrid hunter, but it was shooting fine on my hoyt prior to the change

murf45

WKR
What might be happening is when you draw the arrow doesn’t lie in the valley of your arrow rest. If the arrow is sitting on the side of the launcher blade your arrow will fly way off course.
Another explanation is your D-loop is too tight and pinching the Nock of your arrow. It may seem good at rest but when you draw it will pinch the Nock and cause it to potentially lift off the rest. This will also cause the arrow to fly way off course. If this is the case Tie nocking points and leave 1mm of space to prevent pinch. Then tie your dloop on each side of the nocking point. John Dudley has great videos detailing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmart2622

WKR
Kinda sounds like the rest isnt getting out of the way every time. Maybe try to powder test it at very close range and see if you are getting vane contact.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
What might be happening is when you draw the arrow doesn’t lie in the valley of your arrow rest. If the arrow is sitting on the side of the launcher blade your arrow will fly way off course.
Another explanation is your D-loop is too tight and pinching the Nock of your arrow. It may seem good at rest but when you draw it will pinch the Nock and cause it to potentially lift off the rest. This will also cause the arrow to fly way off course. If this is the case Tie nocking points and leave 1mm of space to prevent pinch. Then tie your dloop on each side of the nocking point. John Dudley has great videos detailing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very good points! i am not accustomed to shooting the hamskea rest, and i could see how the arrow might not sit perfectly down in the valley....im not used to checking this before shooting. i was shooting a hoyt ultra rest before which i think is the same thing as a QAD

thanks for the thoughts

Could your nocks be breaking? My friend I shoot with breaks nicks all the time. His bow and string combination slowly open up the nock groove and they actually get a little crack then break an ear. What arrows?

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Could your nocks be breaking? My friend I shoot with breaks nicks all the time. His bow and string combination slowly open up the nock groove and they actually get a little crack then break an ear. What arrows?

id have to look, havent noticed anything. easton x nocks on the stock bowtech string

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Contact with your rest and/or not sitting in the V both sound like a possibility. If you have a friend and an Iphone you could have someone stand beside or at an angle and film in slow motion. It may give a better idea if you can get the error on film.