Arrows that come with heavier inserts.

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone recommend any arrows that come with heavier inserts? I hate having to buy a doz arrows and spend another 20 on inserts.

Thanks

Hoh Down

FNG
I'm not aware of any arrows that come with a heavy insert. I've shot Axis and VAP's over the last 6 years and have always had to purchase if wanting more than OEM parts.

Beendare

WKR
The wood grain version of Beman Centershots sometimes come with a heavy insert. Some of the woodgrain Axis 5mm used to too...but I think they recently stopped that.

___

Several of the .204 id shafts come with heavier outserts. BE Rampage and GT Kinetic Pierce for example. But I'm not sold on that half-out system.

You can get .246 50 gr aluminum from GT pretty reasonable.

ZDR

WKR
Definitely the 6mm Hexx FOC...comes with a 75gr brass insert that can be snapped off to bring it down to 50gr.

Zac

WKR
Here you go 120 grain inserts all in one package.

OP
E

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, I know some victory arrows do but like you said, not sold on the outserts.
Definitely the 6mm Hexx FOC...comes with a 75gr brass insert that can be snapped off to bring it down to 50gr.

I like those but I'm in between spines on them. I usually shoot 300's but I think the 260s will be too stiff. 29" 71# Helix / 28 inch arrow.

big44a4

WKR
Thanks, I know some victory arrows do but like you said, not sold on the outserts.

I like those but I'm in between spines on them. I usually shoot 300's but I think the 260s will be too stiff. 29" 71# Helix / 28 inch arrow.

I’ve shot the hexx 330 from 70# at 29.5 draw and same arrow length. So either would work. I’d go stiff side on the 260 if I was buying them with that setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think depending on the weight you're looking for you could go with either spine. 330 with 50 grains brass or 260 with 75 grains would both probably spine out for you. I shoot from 70-80 lbs at 29" on all three of my hunting bows and can go with 340s all the way to 250 spine depending on arrow length, point weight and tune.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I shot the 260 Hexx at 29 inch carbon to carbon, with the 75gr insert and 125gr head. Elite Ritual 35 at 73 lbs, 31 inch draw. No issues with them. Total weight was 515ish.

Zac

WKR
Hexx is really thin wall. Not sure exactly what your trying to do, but the Axis and the Sirius shafts would give you much more durability.

TX_Diver

WKR
Easton arrows bought through nockonarchery.com come with 75 gr brass. Probably cheaper to buy arrows/inserts separate but just an option.

Blackovis may let you build arrows that way too?

OP
E

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, everyone! There's definitely more with the option than I thought. I'm going to compile a list and I'll post it here for everyone else. Not sure what I'm going with yet.

OP
E

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Ended up going with Rampages. Going to try 4 fletching with max stealth vanes. Not sure about the outsert but I’ll give it a shot.

Zac

WKR
Ended up going with Rampages. Going to try 4 fletching with max stealth vanes. Not sure about the outsert but I’ll give it a shot.

You can use Ironwill HIT inserts all the way up to 100 grains. You can also throw on a 25 grain collar. This is the ultimate .204 component system.

OP
E

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
You can use Ironwill HIT inserts all the way up to 100 grains. You can also throw on a 25 grain collar. This is the ultimate .204 component system.

I'll probably end up ordering those and some Iron Wills. Whenever I try to save money I always spend more.

TX_Diver

WKR

Highly recommend the rampages with a HIT insert (easton brass or IW if you want to spend more).

I shot the Black Eagle half-outs the last few years and always had to scrap a few arrows by the season start. So far with the HITs all continue to spin true (I used Easton 75gr).

Also scuff up the inside slightly before gluing.

Zac

WKR
Highly recommend the rampages with a HIT insert (easton brass or IW if you want to spend more).

I shot the Black Eagle half-outs the last few years and always had to scrap a few arrows by the season start. So far with the HITs all continue to spin true (I used Easton 75gr).

Also scuff up the inside slightly before gluing.
Ironwill also sells an awesome all steel construction HIT installation tool. Has a brush on it that's the perfect diameter. I always had problems cleaning the stupid plastic insert tool from Easton.