Arrows

Jotis

WKR
Thinking of switching arrows. Now I shoot fmj 340. Thinking oh going to axis with a 50 grain insert. Should I stick with 340 or go to 300 spine? 70 Pounds 27" arrow

If your draw length is past 28" on a bow rated past 330 ibo or so I'd go to a 300 spine. If you have a shorter draw length you can probably get by with the 340. But with a compound I don't have a problem shooting a stiffer spine, in other words I'd probably go 300 anyways.

Dschwan

WKR
Im shooting a 2016 Hoyt defiant. 73# 28" draw. 300 BE Rampage with 50gn HIT brass insert with 10g iron will sleeve. 125gn point. arrows ended up 29 inches long. 505gn total arrow weight. For what its worth.

NYSKIER

WKR
I'd go down to 300, most people are going to give you the line which we've seen lots of times on here, "Better to be over spined than under"

Bringing this thread back up. I need new arrows. My current DL is set to 28" and arrows are 28.5" from nock to insert and shooting around 60-65 lbs. I use 125 gr Magnus heads and want to add another 50 grains up front. I have been looking at GT Hunter XT or CX Pile drivers, two very different shafts and such.

Right now i am shooting some old Cabelas Hunter arrows that are rated 400 spine and 8.4 gpi. they are also wrapped and have 3 blazer 2" vanes. I am unsure of total weight.

Any recommendations on arrows?

Bringing this thread back up. I need new arrows. My current DL is set to 28" and arrows are 28.5" from nock to insert and shooting around 60-65 lbs. I use 125 gr Magnus heads and want to add another 50 grains up front. I have been looking at GT Hunter XT or CX Pile drivers, two very different shafts and such.

Right now i am shooting some old Cabelas Hunter arrows that are rated 400 spine and 8.4 gpi. they are also wrapped and have 3 blazer 2" vanes. I am unsure of total weight.

Any recommendations on arrows?

What is your budget. In my opinion you should buy straight arrows, meaning .001 for fixed blades. Several companies offer something like that. Gold tip, Easton, Black Eagle for a few. I like the gold tip pro hunters. Also like the black eagle carnivore. Both of those are a "standard" .246 I'd.

You might be able to get a 400 shaft to tune, but I'd go ahead and get the 340's or 350's.

Lots of other options out there. The two listed arrows I have used a good bit and I'm happy with. I have used CX, but only Maxima hunters. Those were good also, I just needed more spine than what was offered so started shooting something else. Also I have come to prefer a higher straightness than what CX offers.

I was also looking at the GT Pro Hunters on Lancaster's website. I don't really have a budget nor brand loyal anywhere. I have always used arrows my dad had bought me for birthdays from cabelas and hes pretty froogle LOL been using them for years but am running low.