Arthroscopic surgery today-Meniscectomy

Robpr

Lil-Rokslider
Today I had surgery to remove the torn meniscus I sufferred on May 7. Per Dr's order i need to stay off of it for a couple days. I should be able to hit the stationary bike in a week and the eliptical after that. He says I should be running in a month. I had not been able to walk much since the injury since the torn tissue was wedged n my joint causing my leg to be decambered. I cant wait to get back out to archery range and gettting back into shape for hunting season.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Rob! Injuries are no fun, especially being unable to walk and do the activities you want to do. I logged a lot of hours on the stationary bike when I was rehabbing my leg, it's pretty good exercise. Good luck and keep us posted on your recovery!

Vandal 44

WKR
I am sorry to here about the surgery, It does get easier. I tore the ACL and PCL along with some meniscus in my right knee and one year later I tore the ACL and MCL and some meniscus on my left knee. I have had a few knee clean ups over the years, the good thing is the more surgeries you have the easier it is to recover from.

Listen to your DR. and you will be running real soon. Stay way from basketball and racketball, that sudden stopping and changing direction is hard on the knees and ankles.

• Banned
OP
R

Robpr

Lil-Rokslider
Vandal, it will be very hard to stay off the basketball court. But i know what u mean.

G Posik

WKR
Rob - I was out in the yard shooting my bow the next day. I was sitting on a 5 gallon bucket, So I was taking it easy. I had my knee scoped 9 weeks ago. After 3 weeks I was riding the stationary bike on the easy setting. Today I am back to running 4 miles 4 days a week. Then throw in wind sprints one day and stadium climbs one day. It does not take long to get back to it. just follow what the Dr tells you. If he is like my Dr he will tell you after 3 weeks to listen to your body. I go back tomorrow for my final follow up. Good Luck and take it easy for the next 3 weeks because after that it will be training hard and game on.

Glenn

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
As Vandal 44 noted, court sports and injured knees do NOT get along well. I had to make a decision many years back to give up the court sports that were a part of my life, to look towards the sport I enjoyed more ELK Hunting. It is a tough decision, but as we know basketball is a contact sport and one where knee injuries are all too common. Good luck on the recovery!

Jager

WKR
Rob P best of luck with the recovery, as others have said, you will be back into it in know time. I had a complete rebuild as well as the meniscus removed in my right knee, surgeon had me up on the leg the next day, know I am waiting on the other knee for the same surgery to be done. Getting on the bike is the best way to keep the muscle bulk up in your leg, it is amazing how fast your muscles shrink when favouring them.