Article made me question my manhood...

2blade

WKR
good for him. sometimes I wish the stray dogs in my neighborhood would attack me in my yard so I could kill em with my bare hands... what a rush that would be. ;)

I’ve only seen 2 lions up close and I’d guess both were not mature, and I would have no desire to tangle with one of those things.
I’m more scared of cats than black bears, might fare better hand to hand with a cat than a bear but I think of the 2 odds are better of a cat attacking then a bear

Danimal

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome story, a lot of times when you hear about a wildlife attack there is some shady stuff that the human probably shouldn't have been doing that put the person into a situation that could have been avoided. So far all the reports have been consistent that this was just a dude out for a run when a young lion thought he could take on a weak ass homo sapien. I hope this guy has a full recovery and gets to do the talk show rounds pretty soon. I'd love to hear the full story from this stud.

Studs1991

FNG
Got my master's degree at Colorado State a stones throw from Horsetooth. Crazy to hear something like this so close to where I spent lots of time hiking

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Got my master's degree at Colorado State a stones throw from Horsetooth. Crazy to hear something like this so close to where I spent lots of time hiking

I got my undergrad degree there, but back in the 80's I don't remember any kind of parks up there.......just open space that people used for whatever......including shooting.

I was racing down the hill from horsetooth on my road bike one day back then when my front tire hit a small gap or hole in the pavement that I never saw and took the wheel right out of my hands. My hip still has a large numb area from that wreck and the rest of me still has numerous road rash scars. Totaled my helmet as well, but thank God I was wearing it. We might have spent more time up at Horsetooth than in class all those years.

Last edited:

chindits

WKR
Maybe it’s just me, but it always catches my attention how the “authorities” are so quick to say how mountain lion attacks are so rare. I agree at one time they were, but now it’s not all that surprising to hear about pets getting killed, footage of cats on security cameras, and cats being seen right in town. That lady who died up north hiking from a cat attack was just last fall. These are all considered rare. Oddly enough, I can’t remember the last time there was an increase in cat tags around here. At one time those quotas were set when cats were actually rare and not living on the edge of town.

Maybe it’s just me, but it always catches my attention how the “authorities” are so quick to say how mountain lion attacks are so rare. I agree at one time they were, but now it’s not all that surprising to hear about pets getting killed, footage of cats on security cameras, and cats being seen right in town. That lady who died up north hiking from a cat attack was just last fall. These are all considered rare. Oddly enough, I can’t remember the last time there was an increase in cat tags around here. At one time those quotas were set when cats were actually rare and not living on the edge of town.
At least you can legally buy a tag

Mtn Lions and Wolves, are WHY I carry, a Glock M-19 while Bow hunting here, in Idaho !
Seen a bunch of Bears, they are usually, NO problem but, wouldn't want to come between, a Female and her Cub's.
I walk slow,.. look and listen ! F--K that, hand to hand,.. "choking" Chit !
Bring the Mtn lion, Dog Hunters, back, especially in Oregon ! Lions are killing everything, around the Bend area.

Bulldawg

WKR
No way, bear attacks outnumber cat attacks drastically! You hardly hear about mtn lion attacks but bear attacks are more or less fairly common these days, always a few in every state that’s had them every year.

I’ve only seen 2 lions up close and I’d guess both were not mature, and I would have no desire to tangle with one of those things.
I’m more scared of cats than black bears, might fare better hand to hand with a cat than a bear but I think of the 2 odds are better of a cat attacking then a bear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just have to put it out of your mind I guess. If a big cat wants you, you'll most likely never know it until its pouncing

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk