ASAT 2022 Clothing Quality

Thomguy

FNG
So I've been thinking of purchasing some ASAT camo, specifically the Knarr pant, Hurstwic jacket, and bedrock merino wool tops. Would consider adding the extreme ultimate top and bottom down the road.

The problem, is that finding reviews/fit guides, or anything of that nature is akin the finding information on the illuminati.

Why is there so little info on the current line of ASAT gear? I've seen, one youtube review, and one blog review on the knarrs, that's about it.

If anyone has feedback on the quality/ fit, please let me know!

Delta21

FNG
Not sure on their clothing quality but IMO They have the best pattern out. I wish one of the major lines would pick their pattern up

FNG
Day one camo has ASAT in their lineup. Cheaper or equal to the imported stuff. It is good camo, but not better than Predator or Stick n Limbs.
The later is currently not available. The new camo clothing companies seem to push a camo clothing set for each temperature range. Totally unneccessary but boosting their sales.
Versatile layers under a camo exterior is much more economical.

Any update on this line? Still no internet reviews of it. Trying to determine if it’s quiet snd warm enough for single digit bowhunt for deer??

OP
T

Thomguy

FNG
Any update on this line? Still no internet reviews of it. Trying to determine if it’s quiet snd warm enough for single digit bowhunt for deer??
Not yet, although they are having some pretty good sales this month. 40% off right now I believe. Thinking it would be a took time to take the risk and buy some

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
Not yet, although they are having some pretty good sales this month. 40% off right now I believe. Thinking it would be a took time to take the risk and buy some
Thanks for the heads-up on the sale.

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

As much as I want to like the clothes, they just aren’t well made. The clothing falls apart pretty quick. They are comfortable and have some nice features but were a season and done.

pdub77

FNG
I love ASAT and have several items from when First Lite had it and a couple of Day One Camo items. I would recommend either old First Lite stuff or Day One. I feel these are the best two sources and I think there are only 3 actual sources for ASAT. You can also find the ASAT Leafy Suit around some places, It offers zero warmth or any wind protection and is worn over your other layers and provides use of the camo pattern.. It is fairly inexpensive and solves the issue of finding the other items which is growing more and more difficult. And when you find something, it does usually sell at a premium as others have posted earlier.

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
So I've been thinking of purchasing some ASAT camo, specifically the Knarr pant, Hurstwic jacket, and bedrock merino wool tops. Would consider adding the extreme ultimate top and bottom down the road.

The problem, is that finding reviews/fit guides, or anything of that nature is akin the finding information on the illuminati.

Why is there so little info on the current line of ASAT gear? I've seen, one youtube review, and one blog review on the knarrs, that's about it.

Honestly, if you want to do ASAT just get the leafy suit and wear it over whatever you would normally wear. You get the best of both worlds.

It's been probably a decade now, but the quality of the ASAT clothing back when I bought some was....not up to par with other options.

Which is a shame because if you're into camo patterns I think ASAT is one of the best.

I have a few merino shirts, they are my favorite, and I have the knarr pants, and the fit is different but they are a great pant, just buy somewhere you can return if you get the wrong size

They run big, mainly in the waist, but I wear mine a lot and plan to grab another pair

OP
T

Thomguy

FNG
A little update on this. I bit the bullet on the 40% off sale, and purchased the Knarr pant, and Merino 1/4.

The Knarr fit weird for me, very tight in the leg, tight in the crotch, and big in the waist. Quality/ construction seemed excellent though. Will have to sell them.

Very Happy with 1/4 zip. I usually wear a large, so I ordered it in that size, fit was perfect. They seem to have slightly longer sleeves, (which is great!) similiar to the First Lite merino tops. Quailty seems about on par with FL, sitka, Merino tops.

Time will tell how the Merino holds up, but so far I'm impressed!