ASAT Camo still relevant?

OP
Shakeandbake
First Lite just didn't want to pay a licensing fee. Seems to me it sold just fine while they had it in their lineup.
That’s what I figured, the guys who run the company are real deal hunters. If they went for that pattern first I figured it’s something to check out

ohoopee

WKR
Asat Leafy for me, Too many times I have had animals just look and pass me by. I have seen many
animals without any Camo but the asat gives me a little more leeway.

Shraggs

WKR
Couple of years ago, i was set up on a big mature tree but in a very sparse area otherwise. I cow called a bull in to 18 yards and wasn’t expecting him so fast. Bow was at my side and he starred at me for a long time. Even as a partner called a ways away he’d look his direction and return to scanning where i was standing - up right in FL asat head to toe. As he took a few steps, i moved my bow into place and drew back, but he stoped with no shot for it seemed another 3 minuets. Shaking as he kept looking my way he finally strolled off, sadly.

im not particular about camo and use lots of solids and camo mixed up - but he could not see me at 18 yards in front of a tree. That pattern definitely breaks up your outline.

i will say, that most real life patterns marketed for deer hunting i cant stand. FL and Sitka has camo i will wear

Trial153

WKR
Its kind of like cult.....
I anyway it doenst work for me. Their cothing line isnt best from the little bit i handled it. Maybe if it was marketed and was used by one of the top end brands as far as quailty i would consider it. Camo is very far down my list is things that matter in my gear so i am not going sacrifice quaility and perfomance for any pattern.

16Bore

WKR
ASAT just doesn’t work any more. Neither does Trebark. The designers of these patterns (and many like them) did not consider the functional obsolescence built into nature. Our ever changing environment and global warming has changed the face of plant life. As ocular awareness in animals continues to evolve, camouflage clothing has to progress with it.

jspradley

WKR
ASAT just doesn’t work any more. Neither does Trebark. The designers of these patterns (and many like them) did not consider the functional obsolescence built into nature. Our ever changing environment and global warming has changed the face of plant life. As ocular awareness in animals continues to evolve, camouflage clothing has to progress with it.

ASAT has joined .30-06, .308, .270, and any bow older than 12 months old in things that are no longer effective for hunting.

Evolution baby!

LostArra

WKR
ASAT has joined .30-06, .308, .270, and any bow older than 12 months old in things that are no longer effective for hunting.

Evolution baby!

That's me! ASAT leafy jacket and wool cap, .270, all bows over 4 years old. What about Slick Trick broadheads? I'm surprised they aren't obsolete.

All camo is a superstition or ritual based on your experience. I've had some spooky close encounters (deer, elk, coyotes, bobcats) with the ASAT leafy jacket so I keep wearing it. Does it work? I don't know.

It does allow me to use good technical clothing that is not camo underneath the jacket for a wide variety of temps. Camo pants are silly but sometimes the best pants for hunting just come in camo.

jspradley

WKR
That's me! ASAT leafy jacket and wool cap, .270, all bows over 4 years old. What about Slick Trick broadheads? I'm surprised they aren't obsolete.

All camo is a superstition or ritual based on your experience. I've had some spooky close encounters (deer, elk, coyotes, bobcats) with the ASAT leafy jacket so I keep wearing it. Does it work? I don't know.

It does allow me to use good technical clothing that is not camo underneath the jacket for a wide variety of temps. Camo pants are silly but sometimes the best pants for hunting just come in camo.

No way you actually kill anything with that obsolete equipment!!! :ROFLMAO: ;)

prm

WKR
Not saying others (or plaid) won't work, but the first time an animal looked right through me I was sold on ASAT.

Same. Then on two occasions I met some cow elk on the trail. I stood there and they walked right up to me. They couldn’t figure out what was in the middle of their trail. They stepped around me and walked by about 1’ away. I’m not a big Camo person but I’ve always been very impressed and if I’m bow hunting it would be my preference. Assuming it would be available in the proper piece of layering. I do have the leafy jacket I can toss over whatever I’m wearing and that is really nice. I’ve been wearing the face mask for 10-15 years.

wolf_MT

Lil-Rokslider
Lol this.

stratofisher

Lil-Rokslider
ASAT is the camo of choice for stalking. Deer look right through you. Just wish you could find it in good clothes now that firstlite dropped it. I still have a good stash, but know it will end.

16Bore

WKR
Is this shit like Louis Vuitton or original Air Jordan’s now? Someone should go to the ASAT website and put a link to the Rokslide classifieds...dang man, that stuff is everywhere.

Maybe there should be a “Clothing for Sale” forum. I’ve never seen so many ads for clothes. If there’s a run on Calvin Klein underwear I’m gonna be a rich mo fo....

3Blade

FNG
ASAT and Predator are the best out there in my opinion! I'm looking to buy these patterns that are warm and quite. I wish First Lite would pick it back up.

16Bore

WKR
I always thought ASAT would be better with a grey background instead of tan.

Somebody tell First Lite.....then I’ll send an address for the royalty checks.

mcseal2

WKR
ASAT is still my favorite for predator hunting around home. The dormant big bluestem grass matches the tan great, and the black breaks up the outline. It works great out west too. For anything but early season it's my favorite.

Hoytaholic

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting post. I was looking at the ASAT camo for some new gear I want to purchase and thought to myself “how would that translate to a tree stand?” But nothing better than some real life experiences. Thanks for sharing definitely going to strongly consider it now