ASAT camo

I've never used asat but I'm considering it. It is just so different and seems so light colored. How does this fare in mountainous areas and wilderness timber/aspen?

trk3263

WKR
I really liked the ASAT camo and there is some real good info on the net about why it works in all conditions. Most of the modern day good camo is based off the ASAT theory IMO.
My issue and reason why I don't wear ASAT anymore is because most of it is made in cotton or Merino Wool and some fleece.

Cotton - No brainer

Merino is great stuff but I will only use it as a base layer. The country I hunt in and the way I am rough on gear I got holes in my First Lite outer clothing on a simple overnight trip. Again First Lite is great quality stuff but I only wear it as a base layer and when I recommended it my suggestion is if you in a tree stand or not doing a lot of hiking go for it because it is very good with temps and scent.

Fleece haven't really tried due to thickness and the way things stick to it.

You find a material like Sitka and UA uses and I would be all over that ASAT.

Your friends may laugh but only until you are 25 yards in front of them and they can't find you

I love ASAT. I use the leafy suit for whitetails/turkey/crows/coyotes here in Michigan. If I didn't have a closet of Kuiu I'd have all ASAT from first lite. Amazing pattern and it blends everywhere.

I have very few qualms with ASAT camo, even the cotton stuff, after wearing it for my first few years hunting.

--

Updated because I misread the initial post.

Last edited:

Maxhunter

WKR
I use the leafy suit top quite a bit. I've had animals look right through me at very close distance.

Eagle

WKR
I buy solid colored clothing for backpacking/hunting so I can save money and get two uses out of my gear. I have the ASAT 3D suit that I put on over all of that, works great for me as it's cut big and doesn't weight much to pack along with you. Glass in earth tone solids and then put on the 3D suit for a stalk, tought to beat that IMO.