Asbell wool

Anyone here wear any products from asbell wool? How do you like it and how does it compare to other brands of wool jackets and bibs? Thinking about getting an anorak or longhunter pullover and maybe a pathfinder. Thanks

There's a fella over on the classifieds selling a new anorak, size large...seems like a sweet deal...

chinagreen

Lil-Rokslider
The unconstitutional state of Connecticut
I have owned their products for many years. Great in my opinion. Love wool. Their quality and price point are hard to beat. Wool is unlike any other material out there. I find that it lets my body breathe and regulate its temperature. I rarely ever break a big sweat while wearing it. Pairing it with a canvas outer layer it become a great outdoor combination that is hard to beat.

Ddog

WKR
Great stuff. I have to wear some kind of long sleeve shirt under it, otherwise it'll make me itchy, but it's generally chilly out when I use it anyway.

OP
J
There's a fella over on the classifieds selling a new anorak, size large...seems like a sweet deal...
Yeah I seen that but I must not have enough posts at the moment so I can't reply to classifieds yet but definitely looking into it.

OP
J
I have owned their products for many years. Great in my opinion. Love wool. Their quality and price point are hard to beat. Wool is unlike any other material out there. I find that it lets my body breathe and regulate its temperature. I rarely ever break a big sweat while wearing it. Pairing it with a canvas outer layer it become a great outdoor combination that is hard to beat.
Why do you pair it with canvas outer layer?

Ddog

WKR
Not to answer for someone else, but I'd imagine wind protection. Wool itself won't block any and the canvas would help tremendously with heat retention.

OP
J
Does it still breathe if you have a canvas outer layer? I guess I just never thought of wearing something over the top of it but makes sense.

Ddog

WKR
I wore an uninsulated chore type coat over mine in cold/windy conditions and it worked very well. Still very breathable and warm.

Same deal as a warm canvas work coat, except much more wool insulation with the Asbell.

I am interested in the Asbell wool also. Can you guys tell me how it fits, size wise? I usually have to wear a 3XL due to chest size. Do they run big / small? Also how heavy are they?

Thanks!

TxxAgg

WKR
I used to have a couple pieces. High quality that won't break the bank. It fit true to size but a little loose for layering underneath. It isn't the athletic cut that most companies are selling today.