ashamed

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
My daughter just graduated from Hunter's Ed and wife and I and grandpa wanted to bless her with her first real gun.

Found a neat little Rossi that comes with a .22 barrel and a 410 shotgun barrel, and can order a .243 barrel if I want.

Went to buy it and when they ran my background check, I got delayed! Wasn't able to give her the gun after graduation from hunters ed :(

Supposedly in a day or two the feds will release the hold.

OK, so why delayed?

Small incident in 1989- got in a fight at football game (I was the defender other guy got charged with the assault.) Cops arrive to investigate, tell us to stay but wise-guy me leaves the scene and gets arrested for "resisting arrest". My fault totally. Went to court, paid the fine and it was over. Never had an incident since-except speeding tickets- but those just prove I'm busy :)

23 years later it still affects my freedoms, and now my daughter's.

Haven't yet told my daughter, but probably will someday.

Keep your nose clean and do what the nice officer says.

bnsafe

WKR
i feel ya robby, i hate telling this cause it makes me so mad, but, my wife and i were seperated and i decided we needed to have a talk about our daughter. i honestly never literally touched her in any way (and never ever would, for any reason) but "somebody" called the cops. they showed up and saw there was nothing going on and we all went our seperate ways without any problems, UNTIL, the next time i went to buy a gun. i had to wait also because there was a police report filed. i had done absolutely nothing wrong but still get that everytime i go to buy a gun. sure gives my wife and i something to discuss every couple years though. lol

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
I haven't had a problem but a coworker gets placed on the hold everytime. His wife buys all his guns now because of a stupid thing he did in high school, resisting arrest.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
because of the crazies who really have gone overboard, I guess the laws are pretty tight.

bnsafe, like you, the delay is always a reminder too.

Good news, the gun store just called and I can pick it up! My daughter is going to be surprised! We'll post it up on the youth forum in next few days.

Thanks for chiming in

bnsafe

WKR
yea, if i had done something to deserve it so be it, but i didnt. oh well