Asian Ibex Hunt

MTNHUNTER76

Lil-Rokslider
In the process of booking an ibex hunt in kyrgyzstan with Ekenler bros wildhuntingagency.com. I have good feedback from other hunters who have used them. Looking for tips from hunters who have traveled, hunted in asia. The type of stuff nobody mentions in brochures or emails. Things you needed but didn't bring, things you would have done differently, travel tips, gear recommendations, etc.

Seems a bit risky with the current situation with Russia? Probably should be able to get a good deal though.

How will the travel go? Most of the guys I know who have hunted the Stans went through now closed airspace

CLP

FNG
I don’t forsee any logistics issues affecting his hunt unless the war were to spill over into other countries. Almost all the Stans will be accessed via Turkish Air via Istanbul.

@wildwilderness, do you know what airlines the individuals referenced used?

I’ve hunted Kyrgyzstan multiple times from August through November. If you’d like to chat I can fill you in on some details. Just pm me your number.

OP
MTNHUNTER76

MTNHUNTER76

Lil-Rokslider
Will be using turkish airlines to Istanbul. Hunt will be scheduled for sep of 23.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

OP
MTNHUNTER76

MTNHUNTER76

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t forsee any logistics issues affecting his hunt unless the war were to spill over into other countries. Almost all the Stans will be accessed via Turkish Air via Istanbul.

@wildwilderness, do you know what airlines the individuals referenced used?

I’ve hunted Kyrgyzstan multiple times from August through November. If you’d like to chat I can fill you in on some details. Just pm me your number.
Pm sent

OP
MTNHUNTER76

MTNHUNTER76

Lil-Rokslider
Well I ended up booking with a different outfit. Booked direct with an outfit in Krygystan. Hunt scheduled for early September 2023.

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure how I missed this but I’ve hunted tur in Azerbiajan and I’m currently sitting in an airport on my way to Kyrgyzstan as I’m writing this. I used Asian Mountain Outfitters for both hunts and Bryan has yet to disappoint.
I’ll do a hunt report when I get back.

mitschkeb

FNG
We head out next week. I went through neal and brownlee. Who is the actual outfitter you are going with?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

OP
MTNHUNTER76

MTNHUNTER76

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure how I missed this but I’ve hunted tur in Azerbiajan and I’m currently sitting in an airport on my way to Kyrgyzstan as I’m writing this. I used Asian Mountain Outfitters for both hunts and Bryan has yet to disappoint.
I’ll do a hunt report when I get back.
Good luck!

Looks like a blast!
Gotta wonder what kind of fish are in those lakes and whether anyone has been to the top of some of those mountains.

Those rams with 1-3/4 curl (not the ibex) ...are they really old or do the horns grow relatively fast?

TXCO

WKR
I did an october hunt. Bring food, like bars and stuff. Dont expect to run the show or have someone translate for you since you booked direct. Know what you want and how to field judge. September theyll be very high.

PM and we can chat on the phone and Ill help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
My son and I just got back from Kyrgyzstan 8/20/22. It’s beautiful country with warm and welcoming people, booking direct can save you quite a bit of money. Our outfit had in-house translators. We are going back October 2023. Feel free to pm or post questions

Attachments

• AF85D863-D7C6-47EE-B45B-F7CC30B34D47.jpeg
    AF85D863-D7C6-47EE-B45B-F7CC30B34D47.jpeg
    681.7 KB · Views: 72