Asolo Fugitive - Stiffness on a Crispi scale

Vandy321

WKR
I searched and searched and searched....and as I do not have the option to try Crispi hoots on in person before buying, I'm hoping someone who has worn similar boots as me, who now owns crispi can chime in...I'm wondering how my current boots would rate/compare on the crispi stiffness scale.

My two boots are:
Asolo Fugitive GTX
Salomon Quest 4d GTX

The Asolo's are my favorite for stiffness and width, and the outside doesnt seem to stay as wet in the snow/wet grass as the 4d. However, they have fallen apart finally (5 years old) and are not comfortable enough for me to buy again (lacing really makes the top of my foot ache.

The Quest 4d is super comfortable, but not nearly as stiff, nor do they seem to provide the ankle support with a pack that my Asolo's do. Not a fan of my boot twisting and flexing as I step on a rock. But for general hiking with the wife/dogs, I'm not sure I can beat the comfort of the 4d.

I'm after a stiffer boot that can do it all. Am planning on a pair of Crispi Briksdal. I like the added insulation and the idea of the ABSS.

Can anyone compare the stiffness of the Asolo and the Salomon to the Crispi scale of stiffness?

Would the Asolo be about a 4 stiffness and the Salomon be more like a 3?

I like a stiff boot and if the cripsi are as comfortable as folks say, I'm set on the Brikdal, or even the Briksdal SF. Not talking stiffness of the upper per say, more the shank/insole type stiffness.

Hope that made sense, looking forward to some folks opinions.

Backyard

WKR
You're correct in the Salomon's being very comfortable. But they are by no means stiff. Nor do they stay waterproof for more than a season.
My experience.

Austink47

WKR
I went from the fugitive to the summit. Fugitive is stiffer all around. Summits are an order of magnitude more comfortable. I would imagine the brikdal are as stiff probably stiffer than the fugitives based on how the are supposed to compare to the summits and the summits compare to the fugitives. I have been very pleased and recommend giving Crispi a try.

I own idahos and Thors. I was an asolo guy before finding crispi and the fugitive was my go to. I would say they are in the middle of the thor and Idaho in terms of stiffness. Closer to the Idaho.

I find the crispis more roomy, especially in the toe box, which was a major catalyst for my switch.

hoff1ck

WKR
Own a pair of Fugitives and now Nevadas. The Nevada is certainly stiffer, but also more comfortable. Pretty much a do all boot for me now, so I rarely wear the fugitives except out and about. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Crispi lineup but I'd try a few if you can. I was sold on the Wyoming until I tried it on next to the Nevada.

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
Safe to say based on this that the fugitive falls somewhere between a 3 and a 4 in comparison to the Crispi stiffness levels?