Asolo product warranty???

Has anyone ever done any warranty work with Asolo?

I bought a pair of FSN 95 GTX boots right before I found the Crispi thors. They have been closet queens ever since and probably have less than 30 miles on them, half trail and half around town. I use them as weather around town boots so, I pulled them out the other day and noticed the midsoles have decayed and are crumbling to the point the outer soles are going to peel off.

Bummer, because they weren't cheap. Close to $200 from what I remember and it sucks they basically rotted sitting in a nice dry closet.

has anyone ever done any warranty work with Asolo? I ran there boots for years, but except for a broken eyelet and some boots that died of natural causes, I have never had an issue before.

OP
Desk Jockey
Update for posterity.

emailed asolo CS. Got a nice long, detailed explanation of hydrolysis and why boots rot in your closet from asolo. I have never had this happen to me except on another pair of asolos that I thought just delaminated and a pair of old, old rock climbing shoes. And I am old as hell so I have some Danners and some army issue jungle boots with vibram sole upgrades in my stable that are +25 years old.

Options are for me to pay to have them shipped to Europe or a domestic cobbler and pay to have them resolEd. Probably $120 to 150 to fix a $200 set of boots that died of suspect causes. I am gonna pass. Based on this experience and a pair of asolo fugitive gtx boots that blew their seems, I would rather spend that $ on a set of new boots from another manufacturer.

anyone want a set of FSN 95s in 12 wide? Uppers are close to pristine but both midsoles are rotted away. You pay shipping and they are yours. Otherwise, I am Gonna toss them in the trash And move on.

Bluumoon

WKR
I had a similar experience w a pair of asolos. They fit so well I decided to have them resoled. For some reason after being resoled I can't wear them w out getting a hot spot on my right heel.... I had the guy in Seattle resole them, actually seems like they would be more durable than the factory soles.

Dang that stinks. I had some TPS 520's resoled by the dude in Seattle. I did get tons of miles/years out of them before the sole came off packing out a bull. Had to laugh: people say buy good boots and a good back and I thought I had done both and both of those items failed on my first elk packout.

Sundodger

Lil-Rokslider
I had a really sketchy warrantee interaction with Aslo quite a few years ago. I had a failure with a pair of my boots (I think it was the gortex liner). I talked the to their customer service, they asked me where I bought them, and I told them REI. They told me REI was their authorized repair and warrantee exchange center, and to just go back and get them swapped for a new pair.

They lied, no one had REI had ever heard about this. At the time, REI had a lifetime warrentee on everything, so they were trying to get REI to cover for their defective boot.

As great of luck as I have had with Asolo boots I have never bought another pair since then.

David215

FNG
My experience has been excellent. I only had to deal with them once but they were right on top of getting my issue resolved.

Firehawk

WKR
I had bought a pair of Neutron GTX from Sierra Trading Post and really liked them. While on a deer hunt a few months after purchasing them, one of the eyelets pulled free and failed. Asolo told me to go through Sierra Trading Post as that is where I had purchased them. They gave me a full refund because they were out of stock. I tried a different boot (AKU I think) that looked similar, but they felt weird on my feet. After a few weeks, the Neutron GTX was back in stock and I bought another pair. Wore these for a year of so until I got a great deal on some Salomons. I gave the Asolos to my son and he has used them quite a bit as well. Never had another problem with the eyelets.