At home bow press

Lukeh

FNG
Looking at getting a bow press for tinkering on my own bow at home instead of having to run to the bow shop. What would be a good option without breaking the bank too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know how you define “breaking the bank too much”. LOL. I purchased a Last Chance Easy green, archery design draw board and BAP bow vise plus some tools and levels over the last few years and what a difference it made in my bow setup and ability to understand how adjustments actually effect an arrow.
After having several experiences at my local archery shop where the young kid kept thinking some of my tuning issues were in my form I got frustrated because he would not do what I was asking (yoke tuning). Now I am comfortable doing about everything on my bow and can tinker as much as I want. Whether I am switching peep sites to best match to the site scope or changing top hats to get ideal center shot, I enjoy doing things myself. I highly recommend spending the money on a good bow press.

OP
Lukeh

Lukeh

FNG
I’ve been looking at the last chance archery ez green. I should just pull the trigger on one soon

Kahuna

FNG
This is a great deal for a home press IMO. $180.

87TT

WKR
I wanted one and probably would have sprung for one but I don't think it would work on my Pro Defiant's beyond parallel limbs so I built one. I freaking love it. Set up and tuned my bow from a brand new bare bow. Cost me around $50.00 and a little time.
Made a draw board with an Ebay strap winch and Harbor Freight hook for about $25.00

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
Lca easy green. What bow are you working on? I could let you know if there are any adaptors that you may need.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

xcutter

WKR
LCA EZ Green. Can't beat it for the money. Only bad thing is if you have a newer Hoyt it requires the limb adapters. They can be expensive. I bought some off Archerytalk. Bought my press off Archerytalk as well. Check the classifieds.

87TT

WKR
This is the one I built. I have ditched the chain and turnbuckle for a heavy duty ratchet strap that is faster. It works on the beyond parallel limbs as well as the parallel. I can just pick it up and move it where ever. The bow is secured with straps with snap down latches. It's lined with heavy duty felt. I can press the bow in about 30 to 60 seconds.

Last edited:

TravisIN

WKR
Fulcrum archery has the best prices on last chance presses in case your looking. I just bought the power press deluxe from them. Very fast shipping and very good prices.

87TT

WKR
If I had bought the EZ green and the adapters for my bow, it would have cost as much as the bow. Don't think it would work any faster or easier.

OP
Lukeh

Lukeh

FNG
Ez green is going to be the decision. There seems to be a lot of thumbs up for the ez green.

I've got a Bowmaster portable press. It's great for solid limbs. With split limbs the adaptors and cables tend to get in the way but its absolutely safer than the screwdriver through the cam trick.

Made one out of 2x4. Pieced together from several I saw online including 87TT’s set up. Mines obviously not as professional looking but gets the job done. Pressed my old bow probably 20 times with no issues. Pic doesn’t show it but I do add a ratchet strap at the top once pressed, as a failsafe should anything come loose. And always remember, never saddle a dead horse.F5822807-B626-4A0C-8A93-72505C4183EA.jpegE2F50E4F-6932-491A-A3A7-FA9194BFA80F.jpeg

JustCarr

FNG
This is the one I built. I have ditched the chain and turnbuckle for a heavy duty ratchet strap that is faster. It works on the beyond parallel limbs as well as the parallel. I can just pick it up and move it where ever. The bow is secured with straps with snap down latches. It's lined with heavy duty felt. I can press the bow in about 30 to 60 seconds.
View attachment 100249
Can you show better pictures of how the bow is secured to the press? This press looks good.

I picked up a bowaster portable press with split limb adapters. It does the job and I wanted something I could carry on trips just in case something needed done while in the middle of a hunt.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

87TT

WKR
Can you show better pictures of how the bow is secured to the press? This press looks good.
I had to make a wooden block with a notch for a spacer because of the dovetail on the sight let it stick out past the limb pockets. The split arms rest on the limbs on either side of the cam The weight of the arms hold the bow in place until you can attach the straps. And when you're done pressing, the straps hold the bow up when the arms are moved away.

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider

Fulcrum archery has the best price on an EZ green at $370 and free shipping. Bought mine from them.