At home workouts

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried the elk shape or mtntough type workouts. Or maybe another one u would suggest. I do have some equipment such as treadmill bench squat rack type of station. No dumbells however

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InDeep

WKR
I'm on my second year of the mountain tough backcountry bundle. This year I have been way more dedicated to it . So far I love it !

Atomic Athlete has a good minimal equipment program called “Unconventional Training”. It allows for you to do it with either kettlebells, dumbells, sandbag (which is what I’m doing now) or just body weight. I like it because me and my buddies have different equipment but we can all follow along from our own homes with our own stuff.
They also have a “body weight 2.0” that I haven’t done but I bet is good.

I really enjoyed Train to Hunt. My wife bought a Peloton bike about 18 months ago and I got addicted to that. It works good for me to mix the cardio of the Peloton with some of the more hunting centric work from Train to Hunt.

OP
R

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
I really enjoyed Train to Hunt. My wife bought a Peloton bike about 18 months ago and I got addicted to that. It works good for me to mix the cardio of the Peloton with some of the more hunting centric work from Train to Hunt.

I’ve always looked at those peloton bikes and thought they were neat but pricey

Atomic Athlete has a good minimal equipment program called “Unconventional Training”. It allows for you to do it with either kettlebells, dumbells, sandbag (which is what I’m doing now) or just body weight. I like it because me and my buddies have different equipment but we can all follow along from our own homes with our own stuff.
They also have a “body weight 2.0” that I haven’t done but I bet is good.
Where would you recommend to start off the couch lol, asking for a friend ;)

I’ve always looked at those peloton bikes and thought they were neat but pricey

It’s funny, my wife bought it and I didn’t figure I would ever get on it.

It turned out that she doesn’t like it at all and never uses it and I became an addict,

I rode just over 10,000 minutes on it in 2020.

Where would you recommend to start off the couch lol, asking for a friend ;)
Honestly I think you would do fine with the unconventional one. It’s pretty self-scaling. One of my buddies doing it is pretty out of shape and the only difference is he gets fewer reps in an AMRAP. Plus the program itself gets gradually harder.

Ian_sand

FNG
Camp gladiator is another at home work out app based routine. It is not hunting themed but it is a good overall work out that should transfer over for back country hunts.

dyllanmurray

Lil-Rokslider
It’s funny, my wife bought it and I didn’t figure I would ever get on it.

It turned out that she doesn’t like it at all and never uses it and I became an addict,

I rode just over 10,000 minutes on it in 2020.
Do you find yourself doing the classes or just getting on and riding? Lately, I've been getting on and riding for an hour in the 'Just Ride' and I've enjoyed that a lot more than the classes. I'll sprint for 10 min (cadence 100-115 @ 44% resistance) then take it out of the saddle for 10 minutes (60-70 cadence @ 70% resistance). It's done wonders for my fitness.

I have the Bike and the Tread+.

I find myself doing a weight lifting class a couple of times a week, but from the Tread+.

For me it seems like if I get on the bike I clip in and just ride. But if I put my running shoes on I'll do a 10 minute run warm up, then throw in 30-45 minutes of weight training then finish back on the Tread running.

Around the holidays I started doing a Yoga class once or twice a week to stretch out. I'm really trying to leverage the classes but more so when using the Tread.

Do you do any of the PowerZone classes? If you do the 4 week program it's a pretty good class. I've done that 2 or 3 times and mix it in now from time to time.

Ive done a few of the mtntough programs and i like them over all but they're expensive. Theyre mostly HIIT style workouts with strength. They definately get you ready for the mountains and kick your ass really good. Felt great on my backcountry spring bear hunt in hells canyon last year. One of the days my garmin watch claimed i burned 12,000 calories and i wasnt totally destroyed the next day so thats a good sign. I feel like i had more muscle at that time and a bit more fat but not much. I lost 17 lbs later during elk season which surprised me cause im fit so some mustve been upper body muscle and i haven't been doing mtntough lately but i am going to redo some of their programs starting soon.

If had to choose between buying another one from them or elkshape i would give elkshape a try just to see, i really like dan staton and hes no doubt a beast in the gym. I probably will try an elkshape program one day

Some of the mtntough WOD's had me shaking my head in the heavy pack program, just a bit busy and complicated, lot of loading and unloading sandbags and some strange movements lol. Im sure my neighbors thought i was special ed or somethin the way they had me running all over the yard with my pack and sandbags haha.. Seemed like they might've been rushing to release that one do to gym closures or ran out of ideas but idk. Im sure there's also something to be said about trying to stay mentally in the game with their complicated workouts but some of it just seemed silly to me.

I got a set of wood gymnast rings off amazon so ive been playing around with those lately and i do various HIIT workouts and longer runs with a 20lb vest on. For me, the 30-30 program from mtntough was almost too easy and i did a run after most of the workouts. Their other programs are solid and the online platform is nice if you're working out alone to connect with others in the program

dyllanmurray

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone doing a diet change or some sorts?
I’ve implemented intermittent fasting, eating real foods, and no booze. Works for me and body type. I break from intermittent fast 2x per week to make sure my body doesn’t get used to a routine. If I have been training really hard I will listen to my body if I am suuuper craving sweets or a greasy nasty burger from Wendy’s or something. I usually only cave to my cravings once every week or two weeks.

McD18

FNG
Buy a kettlebell and install a pull up bar somewhere. Maybe get some resistance bands and you're in business. Lots of calories to burn with bodyweight stuff and running.

Cut out as much sugar as possible, lower carb intake, up the fats and meats. Intermittent fasting works awesome, I highly recommend. Easy on the booze, tons of calories there. You'll never burn off a billion shitty calories from bad food - fix the nutrition first and the rest will follow.

Don't forget to stretch!

three5x5s

WKR
I’ve implemented intermittent fasting, eating real foods, and no booze. Works for me and body type. I break from intermittent fast 2x per week to make sure my body doesn’t get used to a routine. If I have been training really hard I will listen to my body if I am suuuper craving sweets or a greasy nasty burger from Wendy’s or something. I usually only cave to my cravings once every week or two weeks.
Thanks for posting. What fasting are you doing? 8/16, 24 hour or something else?