ATG BY WRANGLER

BowhuntingBrune3

Lil-Rokslider
Curious if anyone here has run any of the atg by wrangler pants for hunting, if so what model and what did y'all think? Looking for some new hunting pants but the big name companies are a little rich for my blood.

Squirrels

WKR
I saw those, they are double the price of the regular outdoor pant wrangler makes so opted to pass

gmeek

FNG
I saw those too but thought they may get torn up by briars too easily. I'm also not a fan of velcro on any of my hunting equipment. I think I saw velcro on the pockets of one of the two styles I saw.

Last edited:

rj2

WKR
i tried the synthetic utility pants and the eco utility pant when they were around 30 bucks. i like them. haven't really put them through their paces yet but should hold up at least as well as the popular outdoor pant as I think these are a little bit thicker, but not by much.

tried the rain jacket at 15 bucks, wouldnt replace my poseidon or jupiter or precip jacket but not back for 15 bucks. kinda weird fit but probably keep it around for beater rain jacket. also tried the packable wind jacket thing for around 10 bucks, nice piece for that price.

Explorer

FNG
Anyone use these much? I'm interested too.
Do they wick?
Do they repel water?
How well do they breathe?
What seasons would you run them in?
September elk in the mountains, what about October?
Thanks!

You can usually pick up Eddie Bauer Guide Pants for around that price. They have a water DWR coating in them and shed water decently.

Squirrels

WKR
You can usually pick up Eddie Bauer Guide Pants for around that price. They have a water DWR coating in them and shed water decently.
I was a fan of the Eddie Bauer Horizon Guide Chinos, I still am. I just won't be buying them anymore. Eddie Bauer's CEO took a really firm stance supporting BLM (and I'm not talking about the land version) couple months back. Just an FYI as I know a lot of people are trying to watch where they spend their dollars in today's world.

Sammymusi

WKR
I have the wrangler hiking pant, actually bought 4 pair of them for this year's elk hunt. They dry pretty quick , quiet and best of all i paid 9 dollars for them on clearance at walmart ! Well worth it to me rather than spending 100 plus on one pair of top name pants