Athens 2012 recluse

J-Daddy

WKR
IBO on them is around the 330fps mark...Every Athens bow that I've owned or tuned/set up for people have done a good job of hitting their IBO speeds.
Draw length runs really true to spec on them, at the most part I've seen them run 1/8" to 3/8" long "around 1/8" on most"...so they do a good job with their cams.
Athens machine work & finish work is really good, I've always been very impressed with their machine work cause I hate crappy looking machine work on a bow.
Athens is Lyntech Engineering, they are a high tech quality machine shop that has done machine work for the auto & health care industries for years so they know how to machine very precise parts.
As far as their stock strings, Athens builds them in house now...About a year & a half ago they moved that process in house and Jason "owner of Athens" designed some new string building machines and they started building them there.
Before that the used a few different companies for strings, Winners Choice, ABB and I think First Strings or something like that before they took that part over...Also their bows use Dave Barnsdale limbs on them. Everything other than the limbs is done inhouse now since they started doing their own strings and finishes.

Last edited:
OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
Bow looks good!! I like the streamline grip! Who is building the strings?? And "REAL WORLD SPEED". Touch on that a little more please. Draw Length, arrow weight, Draw weight.

These bows will do 330 all day long. Thats with a D-loop off a blade rest.

MSRP is $799 but you can get them for around $749 from most dealers.

If you need for me to locate you a dealer just shoot me a PM.

trkyslr

WKR
That bone head camo would look sweet as well in black and flo green.... Have you done it Rodney or is it possible?

J-Daddy

WKR
That bone head camo would look sweet as well in black and flo green.... Have you done it Rodney or is it possible?

ONe of the guys on Staff "same one that owns the red/Web Recluse in the pics" has an Afflixtion that is a lime green with the Web camo over it...Thing looks dope.

trkyslr

WKR
ONe of the guys on Staff "same one that owns the red/Web Recluse in the pics" has an Afflixtion that is a lime green with the Web camo over it...Thing looks dope.

Any way to get pics of that rig? I'd live to see it and it might just sell lemon getting my rig done that way.

trkyslr

WKR
Thanks for the link! Ya that thing is bad ars looking... But I was hoping the green was more like the green on the arrows fletchs.. It looks bright like a greenish yellow... And I would want a little more black web... Is Athens able to change the color tones to match other colors and make the black webbing more or darker??? I am very impressed with their finishes.

OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
53623c71.jpg