athletic greens

chaser_2332

Lil-Rokslider
bit of back ground

i have cleaned my diet up and added a decent ammount of exercise back into my life which had resulted in a slow consistant 65lb weight loss. i have zero problem with diet at this point in the game however have have been interested in some green supplements. Obviously i listed athletic greens because i see them advertise all over the place so if you have tried other brands as well what was your experience and did you feel they helped in any way?

tdhanses

WKR
I’m sure they are fine but for some reason it bugs me when youtube people are pimping stuff.

OP
chaser_2332

chaser_2332

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed, that’s why i threw out the disclaimer. It’s just the one eveyone knows. I really mean similar products as a whole.

BadDogPSD

WKR
I keep a tub of Garden of Life Super Greens around for the days I don't get enough veggies... can't say I've really noticed a difference taking it though. Most supplements seem over rated vs real whole foods.

My wife and I take athletic greens pretty much daily as a general "fill in the gaps" kind of thing. In the past we're noticed certain supplements have been very helpful - but not indefinitely - and my running theory is that we get into a food rut that leaves us short in some random area. It seems to fill in the gaps well and it's actual food rather than a pill so that's nice. I'm positive you could do it for cheaper, but there is only so much time in the day and sometimes easy is nice.

Certainly isn’t going to hurt anything and likely will help you out with with something you’re missing. If you eat a balanced diet I figure it’d be similar to taking extra vitamins. For the most part I probably just have expensive pee with the supplements I take, but if it fills in the occasional thing that’s lacking fine. I have thought that athletic greens would be a great supplement on longer hunting trips though and will probably try it for that since I wouldn’t be eating fresh vegetables as usual. If I used it for such a thing I would definitely try it out ahead of time to make sure there wouldn’t be any adverse digestive issues.

KyleR1985

WKR
AG’s changed my life. My stomach is fickle, and left me with random and chaotic bowel movements. I had always eaten the stuff I need, but plenty I don’t.

After starting the greens, I poop once a day, about the same time of day, and it’s normal. Even foods that bothered me before are no match for my stomach now.

I tried to take just a probiotic by itself and the results suffered. Back to greens. Problem solved again.

I can’t tell you what’s in them, or if it will be worth it to you to pay 3 bucks a day.

But I’d pay 20 for the impact it’s had on me…

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve been on athletic greens daily for over 3 years now. I’m not sure they are worth it for everyone but they really helped me. I had some health/stomach issues that really restricted my diet. AG filled in the gaps for me, I cannot say it was the only determining factor, but after starting it for a month or so a lot of my issues were alleviated.
For someone healthy with a varied diet I’m not sure it’s worth the cost, but if you can afford it, it’s a high quality supplement. Highly recommend it.

I've used the Amazing Grass Greens blend and would blend that up with a protein shake in the morning after a workout. I liked having the thought that I'm getting additional nutrients from a scoop and felt that it was beneficial but it's hard to say how much of it was placebo versus anything else. It doesn't hurt to use it and whatever you don't absorb, you'll just pee out.